Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reimbursement for out of pocket medical

Rate this question

RDT

Question

Merry Christmas 

I received a notice from VA the my IHD/ Agent Orange was tied by to my open heart surgery in 1998 (I was 49 years old)

I had Blue Cross Insurance that paid most of the bills. I still had out of pocket over $30,000 that I sent to Mare Island CA.fee base claim processing. I sent all the billing I could located, but not able to get the copies of payments as the banks don’t have the records back 20 years. 

The claim and documents were sent certified two months ago. I have not received any communication from the VA and was wondering if this in normal. I contacted the DAV and they said it could take a year to hear back.

Any suggestions or help on claim appreciated 

Sincerely

RDT

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

I guess you feel you meet this criteria and the  limiting date for application for reimbursement:

https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/publications/IB10-447_reimbursement_of_non_va_med_exp.pdf

The pdf states:

"Contact your local VA health care facility’s non-VA medical care office or VA at 1-877-222-VETS (8387)."

I googled Mare Island, fee base, reimbursement etc etc and could not determine if this is  a VA health care facility with a non VA med care office.

Hi Berta.

Thank You for the information. They have told me to mail the claim to over three location. Not sure at this point as it is a different location each time I call

I will try again after the first of the year.

Merry Christmas and may God bless you in all your day.

Sincerely

RayDAD2F76B-FCD0-4516-A98C-5C65F010D032.thumb.jpeg.4379311751ed44c03474eb110df4ab9f.jpeg