VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AO Ships list updated Nov 2017

Rate this question

Berta

Question

This is the most recent update to the VA's AO ship's list ( to include Coast Guard vessels, etc)

These ships and vessels are on this list (which sure has grown over the years) in part  because many Blue Water Veterans were able to prove their exposure to AO ,while shipboard, in many ways. This 2016 article tells more about that:

https://www.propublica.org/article/vietnam-vets-hunt-through-ships-logs-to-prove-they-should-get-benefits

Updated AO SHips List Nov 2017.docx

Edited by Berta
added more

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hello Berta and fellow Vets:

A retired Navy Vet's wife struck up a conversation with me. The hubby is in bad shape with AO conditions and she asked me to do research. Of course, Hadit is my first go to place!!!

There is a new updated Ships List as of 7/2/2018. The list is named " U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships that operated in Vietnam" and is found half way down the page on this link: https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/claims-postservice-agent_orange.asp

PJ

Edited by ping jockey

Thanks for the latest list!

I assume he was Blue Water Navy and the Blue Water AO Bill passed the House and needs to pass the Senate.

If his ship is not on the list, he might have a chance under the new Blue Water regulations-but BWN is asking vets to write to their Senators about how this bill should be passed.

VA didnt do the leg work to put ships onto the AO presumptive list- vets did that themselves by doing all they could to prove their ship was close enough to Vietnam, with sailors going onto Vietnam soil and returning to the ship,etc.

A widow I know proved her husband ( whose ship never on the AO list from VA)by proving he had been on a COD transport to Vietnam. She is also one of the most important Blue Water Advocates I know-and the latest on Blue Water Navy legislation is here in our AO  forum.