Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anthrax Vaccine Bad Batches (again...)

Rate this question

JohnR

Question

UPDATE: While the memo was authentic, the information was bogus.
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/04/19/army-unit-retracts-memo-touting-va-benefits-for-soldiers-due-to-bad-anthrax-vaccines/

There are a couple of new documents circulating on social media that seem to indicate the VA is going to start awarding disability ratings for symptoms attributed to bad batches of the anthrax vaccine.  When I saw the first memo, I was highly skeptical, but on seeing the second document my skepticism decreased.  Is anyone hearing anything about this?  Other than the attached documents, I'm unable to find anything supporting or debunking this.

anthrax1.jpg

anthrax2.jpg

anthrax3.jpg

Edited by JohnR
update

1 hour ago, AFgal said:

Although this memo only refers to Ft Campbell and Ft Drum, my husband and I both received several vaccines from "bad" lots listed and we were on Air Force bases. It would be nice if compensation for this ever really came about like what has happened with AO. 

Yes, I don't understand why the memo addresses only those two installations.  The unit that originated the memo is a Patriot missile battalion that was in Kuwait during the early years mentioned in the memo.  You would think they may have had the Kuwait bad batch (as I did in 2004).  I suspect we'll eventually see something akin to what they did with Agent Orange, but as I'm sure you well know, when you owe the military they'll take it from you quickly and without notice, but when the military owes you don't hold your breath waiting.

The final word (for now) is that the memo was authentic, but the information was bogus.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/04/19/army-unit-retracts-memo-touting-va-benefits-for-soldiers-due-to-bad-anthrax-vaccines/

Edited by JohnR

Ben Krause ( vet attorney/advocate, just sent out some more info on this-

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2018/04/21/anthrax-vaccine-five-things-need-know-leaked-army-memo/

Well as a veteran who for sure got bad lots...even have the record that proves i received a bad lot...they are never going to pay us for it. 21 yrs I been fighting them over it. I have stage 3 CKD now. Even the anthrax insert states do not give to people with family history of diabetes..well thats me, and yes medically documented in my family for a few generations but i had to get it anyway. Its all good tho..karma will come for those who forced it on us...and i will laugh and laugh when it does.