Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

what should I do prior to me C&P

Rate this question



I received a letter with the date of my C&P exams. 3 in total.  They are using an outside provider, QTC, not directly with the VA.  The letter states that I can not take any documents with me.  I am concerned because

1) the VA has lost all of my military health records. How is the Dr. supposed to state "It is as likely as not related to XYZ from time in service" if they can't see anything.

2) They haven't been able to provide me with any of my 1999 discharge information from all of my original claims.  

3) I don't know how I am going to prove my service connection.

My first C&P is next Thursday.  Is there any thing I can write up about my time in service and upload to the VA site with my claim that will help during the exams?  And truthfully, I am not 100% sure that they have lost my records.  I just know that when I requested my C-file they only sent me stuff from my current claim date of 2018 and the stuff from 2008 when I started going to the VA.  I retired in 1999.  I called and asked that my request for records be opened back up because that hadn't fulfilled it.  They were RUDE and said they would write up a note and give it to a supervisor who would look in to it but they were pretty sure that since I had asked for the C-file what I got was everything they had.  I'm also wondering why they would move my claim along in the process if they don't have my military medical records.  That is another reason I think they may have them and just didn't send them to me.

thanks for your help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

When you apply for disability benefits, the VA creates a claims folder. Information you send to the VA, records the VA obtains on your behalf, and documents created by the VA are all in this folder. The claims  file is commonly referred to as the “C-file."   The claims file is not your military medical records.  To get your military medical records you need to request them from:  National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63138. 

I would write up anything that you think will be valuable to the C&P examiner and take it with you.  Good luck.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use