VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing an Intent to File on eBenefits

Rate this question

GnySkinner

Question

I can't find the intent to file form

I logged on to my eBenfits to file an intent to file.  The only thing I found was the actual claim form for when you are ready to file the full claim.  I tried the search and entered "intent to file", that didn't take me to any form.  I tried entering the form number and that took me to the pdf form but not the online form. Anyone know where to get to the intent to file on eBenefits?

1 answer to this question

On the EB site, they have the section "Work in Process". Go there, the ITF section is the 1st 2. If you started an ITF, you can continue it under the 2nd one named "Open Applications". On the far right, it gives you the option to "continue". Click there, and you are back in the original ITF you started before.

If you need to file the ITF, go to the top where it says "Apply", then click on "disability compensation" and you can start a new ITF there. Just follow the steps to open the intent to file, and it asks everything you need to know there.