Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wait time for an expedited rating

Rate this question

Disciple

Question

Does anyone know how long it should take for my 6 conditions to be rated once they're assigned to a Rater if my case is expedited?  The AMC is doing the ratings, not my RO where I filed my original claim.  My attorney isn't able to assign it yet but hopefully within 2 wks. it will be assigned...we're just waiting for one more thing to be finalized before he can get it assigned to a Rater but I was just trying to get a sense of time.  Also, after the Ratings phase, any idea how long before Finance would pay the back pay on an expedited case?  Thank you in advance for your time in replying...I'm very grateful for any experience since this is my first time through this.  Praying for all of you who are fighting and thank all of you for your honorable service!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Could be days, could be months, even with an expedited. Every case is different and there isn't really a way to say "yeah, my case was x, y, z, and expedited and it took [THIS] long". Im sorry thats probably not waht  you want to hear, but thats the truth of it. As for back pay, same thing. It depends on the amount and how many signatures it needs for approval. Higher amounts need more than 1 signature. Ive only had back pay of around 2,000 before, so that was usually within a few days to 2 weeks of the claim being finalized. I also live in Nebraska and the RO isn't near as busy as say, St. Pete's, or Dallas, or some place like that. 

Ok, thank you for your fast reply!  I appreciate your honesty and your time in responding.  It's been 5 years of waiting so I'm just so ready for it to be over.  I just found out that I won on July 3rd but it's frustrating that I have to wait on one more step before we can even get it assigned to a rater.  Oh well, I guess I have no choice but to keep praying and waiting but with the interest rates going back up, it would be nice to lock in before it's unaffordable.  Thanks again and God bless you!