Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP Question about Winston-Salem VARO

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

Has anyone else here have RAMP working out of the Winston-Salem, NC VARO office. Just curious if any decision outcomes out of that office.  Day 77 here. Happy to know it is not at my original Waco VARO.........slow as Hell there.

7 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Are FDC treated differently in the RAMP Program? >>> No difference whatsoever.

OR in your opinion is it better a veteran file the  FDC Traditionally? >>>> I always file my claims for Vets as regular claims rather than FDC so I can keep adding evidence I obtain.

and what do you think of this new RAMP program?>>>>>> RAMP sucks unless you have absolutely nothing else to submit. I try to avoid going to the BVA

and what is W---S & NWQ ?? W-S is Winston Salem, North Carolina Regional Office. NWQ is National Work Queue. Basically, they throw all the claims in a huge bucket and the first RVSR or VSR who is idle picks it up and "works" it. Nowadays, there are a bunch of small pre-claim things they need to accomplish such as CAPRI records retrieval from the VAMC you use. Hey, you guys know the VA. It takes one hundred employees to change a light bulb. You probably have to get three signatures to go to the bathroom.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That!!!

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That!!!

Asknod,

I've notice some of these claims where the Veteran opt to the New RAMP program the claims seems to be moving faster or being process faster , do you think if the veteran never opt to RAMP his/her claim would have still started moving along?

or is it that you just want to make sure all evidence is presented into a veteran claims  even before a decision is made?  I mean there is enough evidence to have a claim approved , why want more evidence?

Also it depends on what lane of processing the Veteran chooses in the RAMP program as to when a veteran can add evidence into his claims.

My point is I can't see much difference between the regular filing/processing or Opt to RAMP?

I personally don't think RAMP takes priority over Regular processing of Claims?

When a Veteran submits a claim its first come first serve type of thing  right? and who ever grabs this claim out of the basket...its just a matter of when.

Now of course the BVA is a horse of a different color.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!