Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Random VA letters about champva and dependent educational assistance

Rate this question

Jessamine

Question

Hi all,

This is probably the dumbest question ever, but has anyone else been receiving letters and pamphlets on Champva and dependent education assistance benefits lately? I'm currently only 70% rated, but do have an active appeal. Unfortunately, I cannot check ebenefits because I was married to another soldier and my ebennies does not update or populate my own information ever since he filed hisown claim.  I also cant call my rep because the phone just rings and rings. I don't know if this is essentially spam mail, or if its an administrative thing where my ratings have changed and I haven't been notified yet. I know it's a dumb question, but none of my friends who are vets were receiving this pamphlets, so I thought here would be a good place to see if I should get hopeful or not. My pending deposit is normal, so I'm thinking spam?

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well first off you need to be rated 100% P&T to recieve chapter 35 ChampVA Benefit's 

As for as the ebenfit's on the internet  you must have separate accounts...

Each Veteran has their own ebenfit's Account   rather married or not.

So you may want to go check with the VBMS personal at your VAMC and check on your Account an ask why your e benefit's account won't let you in?.  THEY MAY RE- DO YOUR PASSWORD.

As for as your Rep not answering the phone?...Find a REP who will.

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Well first off you need to be rated 100% P&T to recieve chapter 35 ChampVA Benefit's 

As for as the ebenfit's on the internet  you must have separate accounts...

Each Veteran has their own ebenfit's Account   rather married or not.

So you may want to go check with the VBMS personal at your VAMC and check on your Account an ask why your e benefit's account won't let you in?.  THEY MAY RE- DO YOUR PASSWORD.

As for as your Rep not answering the phone?...Find a REP who will.

Hi,

Thank you for answering. I knew you had to be 100% P&T to get those benefits, and that I am not, so that was why I was confused. I will chalk that up to spam/informative mail.  I was just surprised and lowkey hopeful that they finally had wrapped me up. 

With the ebenefits, I wish that were the case. I have what is essentially a watered down account. My ex husband was in 7 years after I got out, so when I log in, I can get my letters, I can see my payment history, but I have to jump through some hoops to do it, going to a different screen where I can select myself as the sponsor instead of him. Like, my default status is dependent there. So say I want to find/add a rep, it fills his information and not mine. His stuff defaults now. I did call in, and I am being told that he has to provide a divorce decree to OPM to sever. I have sent it in like 4 times, but it has to be him, apparently. It used to show my disabilities and rating, but now it shows his for some reason. Oddly enough though, it also shows my current husband under dependents so theres that. I will take your advice and see if maybe the VAMC can do it instead of the ID Card offices and DEERS as I was previously directed to. Thanks! Maybe that will fix it.  It is so frustrating.

I will also check for a new rep as I see everyone getting updates, and all I get are  CC's of repeated ramp requests or notice of intents to file with different dates. Thank you for taking the time to answer my silly questions

• HadIt.com Elder

Its not a silly question..

with this NEW RAMP PROGRM...The VSO should know more about it ....but its  really to NEW to know how its going to workout.

and its never good if they VSO 's don't answer their phone or where you can leave a message and they get back to you asap.   ...> non- communication   this can slow down claims or a decision you need to approve of.