Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gerd and planters fasciitis

Rate this question

Fenway77

Question

I received a phone call late Monday evening letting me know that I had two exams one for gerd and the other for planters fasciitis.  Both exams are non VA appointments. has anyone gone to these exams and if so what do should I expect. Thanks

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I can speak for the GERD exam.

At my exam, they did they usual physical examination, looked at my throat and listened to my stomach. Then they sent me for labs. First, they did a blood test to determine if I had a heliobacter pylori infection. It's a known cause for GERD. When the results got back, mine was negative, so they sent me for an upper GI.

My exam was about 9 years ago, so I recommend you take a look at the DBQ to get an idea of what they should be checking. I linked the DBQ's below:

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/dbq_ListByDBQFormName.asp

21-0960G-1 Esophageal Conditions (Including GERD, Hiatal Hernia and Other Esophageal Disorders)
21-0960M-6 Foot Conditions, Including Flatfoot (Pes Planus)

Exams on the outside are just like exams on the inside, the just usually are done much quicker and done by civilian doctors.  The examiners that I experienced were more cordial than some VA examiners I have had exams with.  The psychiatrist that I went to said she was not going to recommend nothing less than what I was receiving and that she was there to help me and she did.  The neurologist I saw was through and performed a C&P that recommended treatment, the VA neurologist tried to deny me further treatment. I hope this helps.