Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP Appeal Closed- How do i know if increased?

Rate this question

Johhny_Drama

Question

Logged into Ebenefits today around 4pm et. I noticed that the appeal which was actually a RAMP appeal said closed. Updates says Decision Notification Sent etc. The area that shows my current disability rating has not changed and nothing else has changed. The old items that i had listed in the appeal area are gone. I called Dept VA and tried to ask to no avail as they said I have to wait for the letter. My question is since the rating is the same, does this mean no increase/denied or is there a period where this will change, etc? Basically the appeal is updated with the status but takes a day or so for the actual disability rating change?

Thank you

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Not sure why you went RAMP but that is water over the dam.  I would do a FOIA request to obtain your up to date C-File.  That will have the results.  This might take longer but with the VA you cannot take chances.  While you are doing a FOIA request you might also ask them for any correspondence between any member of the Regional Office with any other person that concerns you and/or your claim.

In more cases than not a veteran finds out about his award/increase is from monitoring their checking account.  So if you have not gotten an increase that is a good indication you will not.  Hope for the best.

1 hour ago, SgtStelmo said:

Not sure why you went RAMP but that is water over the dam.  I would do a FOIA request to obtain your up to date C-File.  That will have the results.  This might take longer but with the VA you cannot take chances.  While you are doing a FOIA request you might also ask them for any correspondence between any member of the Regional Office with any other person that concerns you and/or your claim.

In more cases than not a veteran finds out about his award/increase is from monitoring their checking account.  So if you have not gotten an increase that is a good indication you will not.  Hope for the best.

Yes my VSO sent me a statement saying confirmed and continued on all 3 issues. So after looking that term up the paperwork i sent in to support my claim must have not been good enough to change anything. I have 4 items in claim status and I have my C&P in 2 weeks. Once that is all squared away I will look at this last appeal that was denied and see about filing again or hiring a lawyer.

I did the RAMP because i was told that it could go faster. I was at 1 year and heard it can take several years so i figured why not. I supplied medical records and thought for sure they would not deny but here we are and they  f me in the butt so yea.. I am not happy and it seems like another 12-24 month wait again but i am not going to simply give up. Example, migraines. I had this on my exit exam and it says service connected at 0 percent. So you would think if you suffered since with headaches/migraines, had brain scans and other trips to the hospital that they might at the very least bump that up but no.. they don't give 2 fcks about us.

Sorry to hear about that but I would go ahead and appeal to the BVA if you were denied.  It seems that the BVA has been remanding more stuff recently and actually ruling on some issues.  The sooner you get it in the sooner you are on the docket.  

As for migraines, it is not unusual for the VA to start that at 0 percent and then bump you up.  I went from 0 to 30 and then to 50.

I concur that an appeal should be filed on every adverse decision.  But let us address the negative side of RAMP.  Once you submit your RAMP claim, you have no further opportunity to present evidence.  You can appeal but the evidentiary window is closed.  I call it the 'propaganda' which makes RAMP sound like the equivalent of the second coming.  But I maintain the 'propaganda' is deceptive because it does not detail all you give up to get a speedier decision.

I know waiting is rough.  But one does get back benefits.  So I contend better to stick with the old system until forced into something else.