• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Pete,

He is a Board Certified Psychiatrist with 38 years experience, wants me to type outline for him to follow.

I sure could use some help.

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine:

You really need to outline your service and what happened that would link your current diagnosis to your service. If you have Service Medical Records to support or any other documents that do you should let the Doc see them.

I would also write c cover letter an explain what you need. Also a copy of the C&P worksheet the VA uses for a Mental C&P might help him.

Good Luck

PS. If you check the Hadit Home Page there is a wealth of info that you can use to help.

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine:

You really need to outline your service and what happened that would link your current diagnosis to your service. If you have Service Medical Records to support or any other documents that do you should let the Doc see them.

I would also write c cover letter an explain what you need. Also a copy of the C&P worksheet the VA uses for a Mental C&P might help him.

Good Luck

PS. If you check the Hadit Home Page there is a wealth of info that you can use to help.

Pete,

I checked the search on had-it. Are you talking about the form that the psychaitrist used in the C&P like

REVIEW OF MEDICAL RECORDS - MEDICAL HISTORY - PSYCHIATRIC HISTORY - DIAGNOSIS AND SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION.

Is this what you are talking about?

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes it is part of what you need. I think that the Doc you get to help has to have some idea of what the VA wants so his opinion will be accepted.

• HadIt.com Elder
Yes it is part of what you need. I think that the Doc you get to help has to have some idea of what the VA wants so his opinion will be accepted.

Thanks, Pete,

That is what I am doing.

Have a good one!

Josephine