Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Daughter in College

Rate this question

KansasNavy

Question

I am at 90% disability compensation.  My daughter has been in college since August 2016.  At 90% on the Pay table it talks about Children over 18 in school.  Are they talking about college or high school?  Should I have been receiving the extra $200+ from when she started college?  She has been a full time student this whole time.  Or is this only for younger children or an 18 year old still in high school.  I submitted all the paperwork years ago when she started but never received anything communications wise about this issue.  I made the assumption that I don't get any compensation for her while in college.  Am I wrong?

Thanks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Students after age 18.  

For example, if you had one child, once that child turns 18, your compensation changes to Veteran and spouse only.

However, if you child continues to go to school or college, then you get that stipend.

Have to send the VA your daughters schedule with an anticipated graduation date.

If that date changes, you need to get them the new date again.  They will stop on the original end date if you don't.

Thanks,

Hamslice

Got the stipend for my daughter when she went to college.

Also, they, the VA will call the school and verify!!!!

Also, its just like a regular claim, so don't spend the money before you get it.  They stopped it on my daughters original end date, however, my daughter attended an additional year, so, I had to reapply and it took 8 months to get it going again.

Also, for a full time, or full time part time college student, they pay during the summer months when you daughter will not be in school.  Just the way they do it.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

Hamslice I did submit all the paperwork from the school with end dates, but never heard back from anyone and nothing ever showed up in E benefits.  I actually submitted the same paperwork twice with no response.  Is there a better way to submit it again?  For the longest time I just figured I wasn't entitled so I gave up.