VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I have some questions about TDIU

Rate this question

Fort Lost in the Woods

Question

Hello all,

I filed my claim in December of 2017 and was awarded 70% PTSD in October of 2018. In addition to that, my VSO had me apply for TDIU, which I was awarded. I’m not complaining about that. 

My PTSD is coded as “static” with “no future examinations” on my coding sheet. However, my VSO mentioned that I am scheduled for an examination in December of 2020. 

I know this is almost 2 years off; however, with the way my brain works these days, I’m already worried about the exam. I the research I’ve done, I didn’t think I’d be subject to another exam. I know the VA is going to do what it wants to do, but I’m just trying to figure out the deal with this. 

Any insight is appreciated. 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Normally, when you are granted TDIU or P&T status, that really does mean "no future examinations". However, the VA can bring veterans back in for reexamination. In brief, permanent does not always mean permanent.

However, you could probably call 1-800-827-1000 and ask if you have any C&P examinations scheduled in the distant future.

In my opinion, your VSO should have double-checked to make sure you really do have an exam scheduled. If it is listed, they should be able to submit a request to cancel it because of the  "no future examinations" statement. Someone at the VA might have got their lines crossed and created the future exam on the schedule, but forgot to remove it when "no future examinations" was determined.

The only way you will know for certain is to keep digging. 

42 minutes ago, Vync said:

Welcome to Hadit!

Normally, when you are granted TDIU or P&T status, that really does mean "no future examinations". However, the VA can bring veterans back in for reexamination. In brief, permanent does not always mean permanent.

However, you could probably call 1-800-827-1000 and ask if you have any C&P examinations scheduled in the distant future.

In my opinion, your VSO should have double-checked to make sure you really do have an exam scheduled. If it is listed, they should be able to submit a request to cancel it because of the  "no future examinations" statement. Someone at the VA might have got their lines crossed and created the future exam on the schedule, but forgot to remove it when "no future examinations" was determined.

The only way you will know for certain is to keep digging. 

Vync,

Thanks for the info. I will follow up.