Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p's

Rate this question

SLEDGE

Question

Comrades,

I am service connected already for PTSD and FMS, [Fibromyalgia].

I showed-up for my Fibromyalgia C&P examination early.

I got in early.

The examiner has not the slightest idea of what to do.

I'm just going to wait and see what he writes.

My CAT scan was canceled in favor of an MRI that will take place later this month.

My C&P for PTSD.

I got to the mental health building early.

The C&P was not scheduled to be held there.

I asked for a map.

Didn't get one.

I was handed an address on a stickup note.

I drove around in a strange city looking for an address 'and for the building' that

the exam was supposed to take place in for a period of 2 hours.

[i had also asked for a taxi or for someone to take me there.]

[i have short-term memory problems].

After wasting 35 bucks worth of gas and having 2 panic attacks I went home.

There was no exam.

I called my lawyer today and he is not happy with the way I was treated.

The day before the Cluster ---- My wife said that the VA is not out to get me.

After the cluster---- she changed her mind.

Comments?

sledge

Edited by SLEDGE

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sledge

Remember you are dealing with people who are really %$$#up and stupid. Never underestimate the incompetence of the VA. They have lost every single piece of paper I ever sent them.

• HadIt.com Elder
Sledge

Remember you are dealing with people who are really %$$#up and stupid. Never underestimate the incompetence of the VA. They have lost every single piece of paper I ever sent them.

Did they lose ot or remove it?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Tom- I just went through a VA C & F myself (cluster and ----) and sure can understand your frustration-

I also had a vet rep problem at the same time and I told my POA I felt like I had been royally gang banged-

Then again I had gone through so much crap before with VA over the past two decades that it was quickly resolved- I immediately raised lots of hell-and finally my evidence envelopes were actually opened-but then the literacy problem you know of so well crept in-the DRO (a newby)couldn't read the IMOs (or her job description which I sent her a link to on the M21 web site)

I know this is frustrating and it is just incomprehensible how they do things- if the VA was a business they would have gone bankrupt long ago-

Some years back Principi sent one of his VA deputies (a disabled SC vet in a chair) into many VAMCs to see just what kind of help and reception he would get-it was pretty enlightening-many VAMCs turned him away---

I think this newby Nicholson should do the same- but have his deputies file VA claims with VAROs and then the VA might comprehend how 'arbitrary and capricious' the system really can be.

We are not isolated events Tom- the VA gives plenty of vets the run a round. I dont think they really mean to hurt anyone- but they cant help it- they are incompetent.

What really bothers me is that this incompetence at the VARO level is also found within VA medical care.

That is really scary.

I dont mean to sound political or negative about Clinton but he actually said 11 years ago that the VA was the best Gov run health care system in the world. Then again he never sat for hours in a VA lobby only to get a non- English speaking doctor and possibly get medication for an inaccurate diagnosis. Or worse , get the right diagnosis and then get piss poor care to treat it.

Berta

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

I don't know if they lost it or removed it but I constantly checked on what the VA received from me and if they said they did not have it I sent it again and kept checking. Often times I would hand carry the stuff over there and get copies that were stamped "received on such and such a date". If you just hand it to them they will lose that as well.

Tom- I just went through a VA C & F myself (cluster and ----) and sure can understand your frustration-

I also had a vet rep problem at the same time and I told my POA I felt like I had been royally gang banged-

Then again I had gone through so much crap before with VA over the past two decades that it was quickly resolved- I immediately raised lots of hell-and finally my evidence envelopes were actually opened-but then the literacy problem you know of so well crept in-the DRO (a newby)couldn't read the IMOs (or her job description which I sent her a link to on the M21 web site)

I know this is frustrating and it is just incomprehensible how they do things- if the VA was a business they would have gone bankrupt long ago-

Some years back Principi sent one of his VA deputies (a disabled SC vet in a chair) into many VAMCs to see just what kind of help and reception he would get-it was pretty enlightening-many VAMCs turned him away---

I think this newby Nicholson should do the same- but have his deputies file VA claims with VAROs and then the VA might comprehend how 'arbitrary and capricious' the system really can be.

We are not isolated events Tom- the VA gives plenty of vets the run a round. I dont think they really mean to hurt anyone- but they cant help it- they are incompetent.

What really bothers me is that this incompetence at the VARO level is also found within VA medical care.

That is really scary.

I dont mean to sound political or negative about Clinton but he actually said 11 years ago that the VA was the best Gov run health care system in the world. Then again he never sat for hours in a VA lobby only to get a non- English speaking doctor and possibly get medication for an inaccurate diagnosis. Or worse , get the right diagnosis and then get piss poor care to treat it.

Berta

Hi Berta, all true and I am getting the "new" run around from the local incompetents, Problem is how come they never err in "our Favor". For about 2 weeks I have been told they have a letter in the mail to me, My va payment check via 1 800 827 100, 1,1,1 Case no. etc still says records are un avaliable at this time, thats how you can see if the "guru" is screwing with the account. Im gonna have to send a certified letter requesting the content or a new copy of that letter. Just incase it was for a C&P exam.

Arch