Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

demob exam

Rate this question

Hard roller

Question

Hey, I had a demob exam in 2003 and it was noted on my exam that I had issues with my c6 and c7 i.e my neck. Fast forward 7 years later I start having problems with my c6 and c7 so I filed a claim and VA denied it saying that it was not service connected I appealed it and got a supplement statement that said treatment of the condition was not continuous saying that to long of time had passed before I sought treatment. My question is there a VA regulation that deals with that issue? It was noted on my demob exam but the condition began to affect me 7 years later.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Appeal (file a nod).  Make no mistake:  VA makes stuff up to deny you.  Get the Caluza elements:

1.  Current diagnosis

2.  In service event or aggravation.

3.  Nexus or doc statment that your condition is "at least as likely as not" due to your event in service.  

This said, understand VA does not compensate for acute conditions.  That is, if you have a back ache and it goes away, there is no payment.  They compensate only Chronic conditions.  Chronic means it keeps going and going..doesnt go away.  There is also something called "continutity" of symptoms.  If you had a backache in service..then one 7 years later and no treatment in between..you are gonna need strong nexus statements 

• HadIt.com Elder

I tottally agree with broncovet!  this is the truth

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use