VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD (Effective Date)

Rate this question

LAR

Question

Hi folks,

I put in a NOD of disagreement because I thought the the psychiatrist short changed me on my claim for depression. She put me at 30% and I thought I should be at 50%. The Effective Date for this claim was in August, 2015.I put in for a NOD Ramp appeal  in August, 2015.  I had a C&P exam for my NOD on Feb, 2019.  I ended up getting an increase of 50%, effective date 02/2019.  The funny thing about this is that they started paying me back pay from  Aug,2015 the day I put in my NOD because the extra 20 percent due to winning my NOD put me at 100% disability. I"m worried that I'm going to have to pay a ton of back pay because I wasn't at 100 percent in 2015.  The effective date for my 50 percent increase  was on Feb/2019. Thanks for your help. This is a great forum and it has helped me a lot in the past.  

Edited by LAR
Clarify my babbling.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator
12 hours ago, LAR said:

Hi folks,

I put in a NOD of disagreement because I thought the the psychiatrist short changed me on my claim for depression. She put me at 30% and I thought I should be at 50%. The Effective Date for this claim was in August, 2015.I put in for a NOD Ramp appeal  in August, 2015.  I had a C&P exam for my NOD appeal on Feb, 2019.  I ended up getting an increase to 50%. The question I have is VA put my effective date as  Feb,2019 for my decision. I believe they should have put it at August, 2015.  The funny thing about this is that they started paying me back pay from  Aug,2015 the day I put in my NOD because the extra 20 percent put me at 100% disability. I"m worried that I'm going to have to pay a ton of back pay because I wasn't at 100 percent in 2015, however that is when I put in my NOD.  Thanks for your help. This is a great forum and it has helped me a lot in the past.  

I think you might be looking at this the wrong way. The day their decision is made is not the date your claim date will start. If I am understanding this they gave you the correct date. If your  eef is the date you said then there no problem.