•  

Get Your HadIt.com Merch.

2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

Check them out here

help

porgee

Question

QUICK QUESTION. I have to have open heart surgery on Monday and will take 

3-4 months to recovery. is there any kind of benefits for someone to care for me

doing this time.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Probably.  Express your concern to your doc, who hopefully refer you to probably a social worker. 

Is this condition SC??  

Its been my experience they dont release you from the hospital if you are unable to care for yourself, and do not have someone who has agreed to take care of you.  If they did that, the outcome probably isnt good.

I just had a total knee replacement on Oct. 24.  I was "down" for a month.  My doctor was adamant he would not do the surgury until/unless I had care post surgery.  My wife, a retired nurse, gave me that much needed care.  

You probably should not have waited until now, but discuss it with your doc.  

Your doc "may" put you in a nursing home for a while if he thinks its necessary, and you have no one to care for you.  

If you are at 100 percent and this is a sc condition you should be able to get convalescent smc s, but thats only 360 a month.  

Your social worker should be able to provide a local solution, but you should tell him.  My surgery could be (and was) delayed, but you may not have that option.  

its not sc and I don't have the choice for waiting because two arteries at 100% and one at

80%. My wife works so she has to go on leave and her taking care of me might set me

backward lol. My insurance has some help but not 3=4 months so maybe I will have to pay

out of pocket. I didn't know until I fell out in my kitchen and had a HA 5 days ago been in hospital

ever since. Nursing home never. Thanks