Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exceesive Protien In Urine

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

Its me again with a couple of questions. Over the past two years I have been seeing the doc's about an excessive protein count in my urine. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this problem. I took more labs three weeks ago and scheduled for an ultrasound next month. Any ideas??????

These are some of the results from Jan 04 Labs

IGG 2608.8 H (700-1600) mg/dL

IGA 67.6 L (70-400) mg/dLl

IGM 24.0 L (40-230) mg/dL

Protein Total 8.8 H (6.3 -8.2)g/dL

A1-Globulin 0.25 H (0.10-0.21)g/dL

G-Globulin 2.16 H (0.65-1.47) g/dLl

FERRITIN 708.8 H (30-400) ng/mL

Best Regards

Chiefhouse :(

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Chiefhouse- I am not medical person but I do know that anything at 7 or over is an indicator of diabetes and this result is well below that-

BUT you are correct to double check and see if any other test results appear---

As I understand it and I think Peter Sawyer, and Joel- many others here would know-

the HB1AC values only cover glucose values for three months prior to the test.

In my way of thinking- if a vet is fortunate enough to even get this test and it does not reveal a 7 or higher-

the VA is most unlikly to continue to moniter this level every three months- but of course they check for Glucose and other factors every time they do blood work-

If a veteran has high glucose readings and the VA isnt really assessing why that veteran should be very proactive in asking why.

Another thing I have mentioned at hadit before-

you have an appointment in the clinic- it is an early AM appointment and you didnt really eat breakfast to get there in time and are hungry by the time the doc sees you-

your glucose level in your blood work will be low but within hours could climb after you eat-

I believe that the VA (and I told them this but will continue to pursue it) should give a glucose monitor to EVERY veteran.

Period blood work does NOT reflect a veteran's predeliction for diabetes-unless you get a blood test that does reflect a glucose level high enough for the VA doc to really assess your other blood work-

such as Creatinine, Blood urea nitrogen, your lipid profile, etc.

Of course the HB1AC test helps a lot but how many vets actually get it during normal blood work?

And how often do they get it?

• HadIt.com Elder

Chief those A1C results are something I dream about. It is possible for well controled diabetic to have them that normal but it would require a lot of work on the diabetics part. If you are dieting, exercising and watching what you eat you could still be a diabetic. I personally think that you are not but that is my opinion and I am no Doctor.

That said it is very important for a diabetic to be diagnosed and be treated so that they can minimize what will come later.