Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting for BVA hearing..

Rate this question

capitan

Question

I am waiting for a BVA hearing in Columbia, SC. I filed the claim over 5 years ago, and my VSO has no clue when it might be, other than "possibly next year". I don't have to tell you this is a national disgrace. My condition worsens with time.  America's dirty little secret is that there is an epidemic of suicide among vets, mostly Vietnam vets, like myself. They are forced to wait unreasonable, excessive amounts of time. I am told the VA is hoping you will either give up, or die. And they don't care which. This is the way America's heroic vets are being treated. Supposedly there is a tremendous backlog of cases in Washington at the core of the problem. I voted for Trump because he said he would "drain the swamp" and clean up the VA system. I don't know if he will get my vote this time around. The public should be outraged. Why are we not marching on Washington by the thousands?

3 hours ago, capitan said:

You might be able to afford IMO/IME's.

Where there's a will there's a way. 

Not at first and I sat down to find how I can obtain one for myself. It took me three years before I got my first real one. After that I obtained one every year since. 

Where there's a will there's a way. 

I am at the mercy of a merciless VA system.

Then don't be. When I walked in to my RO and the retired vet who was my RO helper person, sitting behind his desk, he said you want to win your, you won't if you don't know 38 CFR and then rumble off 38 CFR...

There is no justice. 

Wrong! 38 CFR. Start learning that language. Hadit is simply 'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink'

You might be able to afford IMO/IME's. Me and most vets can't. I can't mortgage the house. I don't have a house. I am at the mercy of a merciless VA system. There is no justice. Brave vets like myself are dying while waiting unreasonable lengths of time for resolution, which in many cases never comes. That is a national disgrace. 

What is 38CFR?

38CFR are the rules that the VA has to live by, Congress wrote them, and they get away denying Vets because Vets don't know this and now can use them against the VA. 

Until you learn them, the VA will continue to rubber stamp everything, and denying everything. You have homework to do now by reading up on them, learn them, like I started four years ago.

38CFR3 is the part of the Code of Federal Regulations Title 38 that deals with the adjudication of a veterans compensation claim.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=e01889934e16ee0751373657d3b13a6e&mc=true&node=pt38.1.3&rgn=div5#se38.1.3_14

CFR4

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=e01889934e16ee0751373657d3b13a6e&mc=true&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfr4_main_02.tpl

I appreciate the link. It is, however, very lengthy, and difficult to navigate and find what I need to know for my particular case. If I provide details, can anyone help me with the proper interpretation and location? If so, tell me what I can provide, and what you need to know to narrow my search. Thanks. Semper Fi