Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medal Of Honor- Any Way To Verify?

Rate this question

Nathan104

Question

Finally found the answer. I cant stand some people. Fraudulently claiming to be a Medal of Honor recipient with disabilities and is taking donations and having a charity benefit held for him. Makes me sick.

Edited by Nathan104

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Go here to verify MOH recipients. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Medal...onor_recipients

It is a Federal Crime to fraudulantly claim to be a Medal of Honor recipient, it is also a crime to possess, buy, or sell if you are not a MOH recipient. If he is not a MOH recipient, have the bastard arrested, call the police on him. You're letting a POS like that dilute the prestige and crap on all of us veterans. Put the puke in jail!!!!!

Nathan-I would report this guy to someone-

especially the people putting on any charity function for him-

There are laws on the books now as this link shows:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:0G8hx...=3&ie=UTF-8

And there is a Stolen Valor Act before Congress to penalize these wannabees. Maybe this bill passed already.

What a disgrace -we had one of these MOH imposters here at hadit years back-

another former member called him on it with that same list-there are more names on it now-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p318/sa...on-flyer-sm.jpg

That is the link to the flyer they are advertising. He may very well be a veteran and may have health issues. But he is absolutely not a Medal of Honor recipient like it claims. Not sure who it would be reported to. Just seems like making a claim like that and taking donations and receiving charity money from the event would be illegal.

I didnt find him on any MOH list either and dont think they awarded MOH for anyone in Desert Storm-not sure-

This vet is obviously dealing with a lot-I wonder if some family member gave the press release people the wrong info-

and no one has corrected it yet-they would have to re-do all those flyers but still- this is false representation and the vet sounds so ill he might not be able to speak for himself- maybe he got another type of award- civilians make mistakes-on these awards- and any vet would surely know that other vets would check this out-

I think it is the fault of the poeple who prepared this press release for the charity thing-

2 years ago a local widow told the undertaker her husband was a Korean vet-

He was a VIETNAM vet-a good friend of mine- I called the funeral home and they had already

sent the paper a correction-

This vets family might just be overwhelmed and gave wrong info-the vet sounds like he was too ill to do this himself-

still- it isnt right and someone should correct it-

I can see giving him fund raiser but not under false info about his service.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Found this:

Under United States Code, (18 U.S.C. § 704)(:lol:, it is illegal to wear the Medal of Honor without authorization, but one can still legally claim to be a recipient unless such a claim is made with the intent of securing veteran benefits. A number of veterans' organizations and private companies devote themselves to exposing those who falsely claim to have received the Medal of Honor.[43] Imposters are said to outnumber true Medal of Honor recipients. HLI Lordship Industries Inc., a former Medal of Honor contractor, was fined in 1996 for selling 300 fake Medals for $75 each.[44]

pr