Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mri Changed In Three Years

Rate this question

huskerfanfl

Question

Three years ago, shortly before retiring, an MRI was don on my back. The MRI showed that I had three bad disks (1 herniated, 1 degenerative, 1 bulging). I have been having increased back pain for the last three months. I was sent to physical therapy and that made the condition worse. Pain is now going down my legs. I had an MRI done last Thursday (same place that did the first one, civilian) and just got off the phone with my doctor's office. I was informed that the MRI does not show any problems. I guess a miracle occured and my back ailment was cured. Unfortunately, the pain was left behind. Anybody have any ideas?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest rickb54

It sounds like you have siatiac nerve pain... this usually indicates a nerve root inpingment.. at the L4-L5 Level in other words a piched nerve caused by a herninated disc..

Unless you had surgery since the last MRI, there is no way the condition went away... that is unless you have a magic wand, ( if you don I want to borrow it LOL). But you already know this, you might want to request a mylogram (better than Mri) a test where they insert radioactive dye into the spinal cord and take pictures... then immediately after they do a ct scan.

I suspect they either screwed up the mri or reading it or mixxed it up with someone elses

If you have siatiac pain you should request a nerve conductive study be done to determine how bad it is. This condition can lead to drop foot, and can be rated loss of use of a foot, which would entitle you to the $11,000 one time auto grant and life time auto adapted euipment. The only way to prove siatiac problems is the nerve study....

hope this helps

Good Luck.....

Those were two of the disks that were diagnosed as problematic years ago. I am with you, when the nurse told me the results I was shocked. What I wanted to say was that there is no way in the world, what came out was "well, that is interesting".

I called back and am going back to see the doctor on Friday. I will insist on the other test and a trip to a neurologist for the nerve conductive study.

I wish I had that magic wand, I would be one rich fella.

• HadIt.com Elder

It looks like you need a second opinion from a radiologist to read the MRI. It sounds expensive but I am going to say the majic words, ( Sorry Callover) Dr Craig Bash. He is a neuroradiologist specializing in this field.

He would require the latest Mri and the one before.

The reader may not have compared the result to the previous study. Keep in mind that a disk is a shock absorber and can change position.

Good Luck

I will certainly keep that advice in mind. I will be speaking with my doctor on Friday and will pursue the possibility that there was just a mistake made. Let's face it, for the most part, they do not send forard the MRI to your personal doctor, just the report.

The adventure continues. I saw my regular doctor and he told me that sometimes the neurosurgeons have a different view on the MRI so he recommended that I get an appointment with one. In the meantime, as I was describing how bad the pain has been, to include twitching and movement of the legs, one question led to another and now I need to get checked out for sleep apnea.