Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Infertility Services - IVF

Rate this question



I separated from the military in 2005 and had a vasectomy done in 2008.  I'm currently 100% PTD.  I've been trying to find info on how to use the VA's infertility services, but the only thing I can come up with is that I need to contact the urologist and schedule an appointment to see if I'm eligible.  Does anyone know how this process works?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Talk with your VA primary care doctor. Ask them to put in a referral to the VA urology clinic. Here in Birmingham, that clinic is probably one of the busiest clinics in the facility. They don't have clinic every day though. Don't expect the VA to get you scheduled too quickly. If it might take a while to get you scheduled, you can always ask if they will use the Mission Act and refer you to a non-VA specialist. I did this and the doc had a whole lot more experience. Keep in mind the VA uses resident docs in their specialty clinics. Up to you though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use