Rate this question

mountain tyme

Question

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you give the VA the information that you had been granted SSDI?

Just telling the C&P Doc is not the same as giving the VA notice that you ARE receiving SSDI.

Sometimes, as in my situation, you have to tell them, write them, FAX them, e-mail them, give them the whatchacallit form, then call them........oh, say, about 20 times....to make SURE that they did get the SSA information................then, and only then, can you count on them misplacing all the above.

Amazing.

Absolutely Amazing.

Anywho, you gotta do more, MORE, than just mention it to some one.

Matter-of-fact, you probably just screwed yourself by not making sure that they had this info.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

If you are satisfied with this- you dont have to appeal it- and Congratulations! You did very well so far-

Your son might be right however!

I would not have a pending AO claim if I didn't finally listen to my daughter-and review my husband's med recs again-she was right- and 3 IMOs agree- our children often notice a lot more than we do.

I feel, that if you get SSA for the same reason as the VA claim- they should have given you TDIU at 100% rate as an inferred claim issue-

It bothers me that the decision does not seem to indicate that they even used your SSA records.

Good for you- send them the TDIU form and attach this to a NOD disagreeing with the decision and why-referring to it in the NOD and tell them on the TDIU form # 18 yes -you get SSA and tell them what it is for, then under # 25 Remarks, tell them of your meds and any side affects they cause you that would interfere with employment- also tell them if the VA ever turned you down for Voc Rehab-

attach any SSA annual wage statement if you have one, and you could even have your son attach a statement if he wishes as to what he believes would put you into the TDIU criteria.

He doesn't have to do that of course-

--- I think he would make an EXCELLENT Veteran's Rep!

Our kids live with our disabilties and they certainly begin to understand the VA legalise like we do-they can be extremely helpful.

Please give my many thanks to your son for helping and supporting you -

he sounds wonderful! and I sure think he is RIGHT!

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mountain Tyme,

From the C&P exam write-up, it appears that the 50% rating is in line with your over all symptoms. However, as I stated to you before, you should send the SSD aard letter and their Occupational study report along with your application for IU. This will help your other disabilities that we "talked" about in regards of establishing service-connection and ultimetely bringing your overall disability rating up to meet the schedluar requirements of IU.

One other thing to keep in mind is that in some cases if you apply for IU within the one year of the rating decision and you're granted it, then the effective date can go back to the date of the original claim. Your IU effective date could go back to the original date of the PTSD claim if it is shown that your PTSD has worsened enough to contribute to your IU along with the rest of the possibable service-connected conditions within that time period the IU claimis pending.

Vike 17

• HadIt.com Elder

I have one question is the SSD for PTSD or other non SC medical problems? If it is not related to your SC PTSD then it will not have an effect on your PTSD rating

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Testvet,

Mountain Tyme's SSD is based partially on PTSD, There are other disabilities in play here, which could also warrant service-connection.

Vike 17