Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aorta?

Rate this topic

Guest allan

complaints are associated with increased malpractice risk

What would you do?

You gone to Temple TX VAMC because your not feeling well. Your vital signs are irregular. You were told a year early that you had Cardio problems, possible heart attack. The doctor request a followup exam in 6 months. Yet the next time you get a Cardiologist exam is a year later.

The newest doctors tell you, possible that today, you have survived 2-3 heart attacks. Your argry that in the last year, you were NOT given an drugs to strenghten your heart. My brother's heart has suffered unnecessary damage due to lack health monitoring and care. Kirt (254) 456-2291 is a gulf war vet and in his early forties. The Patient Advocates have been dismissive and taken to steps to improve communication between my brother and the appointment system. It is this type of neglect that cause vets to die and early death.

How would you handle this grevience?

Jagmedic

I had a stent in September. I had to stay overnight. It was a little scary but tolerable. Don't forget to ask for the "smackdown" so that you don't really notice or care what they are doing.

Good Luck Allan its really a pretty easy procedure looking back of course.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

With the situation as outlined below.

1. With any available test records in hand -- see a private cardiologist and possibly a cardiovascular surgeon ASAP. Further testing may be needed, such as an MRI. If either doctor prescribes additional tests, you will need to decide if you should go back to the VA for them (I'd suggest that you at least do this) If the VA refuses, then have them done elsewhere.

There is a possible case of malpractice, coupled with serious patient injury (multiple heart attacks and resulting damage), if it can be documented an to be a result of neglect by the VA. The rules for this are beyond my knowledge, except to say that they are not the same as they are if you were dealing with the normal private medical care system and courts. Berta and others in the forum know much more about this than I hope to ever need to know.

complaints are associated with increased malpractice risk

What would you do?

You gone to Temple TX VAMC because your not feeling well. Your vital signs are irregular. You were told a year early that you had Cardio problems, possible heart attack. The doctor request a followup exam in 6 months. Yet the next time you get a Cardiologist exam is a year later.

The newest doctors tell you, possible that today, you have survived 2-3 heart attacks. Your argry that in the last year, you were NOT given an drugs to strenghten your heart. My brother's heart has suffered unnecessary damage due to lack health monitoring and care. Kirt (254) 456-2291 is a gulf war vet and in his early forties. The Patient Advocates have been dismissive and taken to steps to improve communication between my brother and the appointment system. It is this type of neglect that cause vets to die and early death.

How would you handle this grevience?

Jagmedic