Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aorta?

Rate this topic

Guest allan

Same with me, the CT scan found my anyerisum while doing follow-up for my continuing pancreatitis. Mine has two areas of buldging; one ascending and one descending. Both are 4.5 cm. They have run biannual CT 's and ultrasound for the past 3 years. I see the endocrinologist this Wednesday for a growth on my adrenal gland. The key to guarding against the rupture is managing your blood pressure.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abdominal aortic "Ectasia" is what the films say. Measured at 4.3cm

Wonder what that is in inches? BP was 140/90 taken on Jan 4th. They did a retake & it was 143/79.

Have burning gut pain. Feel my face pulsating when I stand up & move around. Headaches, peristhesia & SOB is getting worse.

My BP jumps whenever I have anything to do with the VA, but will make the 8 hr trip on Fri.

I hate going there.

Is there any do's or don'ts I should keep in mind until then?

Thanks for the replies............allan

• HadIt.com Elder

Allan, The Wife does special procedures nad heart caths, She said that the Ultrasound is pretty good non evasive procedure that can actually measure vessels. You can see it on a screen while it is being done. If they suspect anything, Be prepared for a heart cath. ( The only true way to tell the extent of heart/ Vascular disease)

BT 2, Good Luck and keep us posted.

John

Edited by jbasser

Thanks John,

Some of these tests, i've had to wait nearly a yr for an appointment. I guess it would be a month or so atleast.

Would the heart catheter mean an overnight stay or outpatient procedure?

Allan

Thanks John,

Some of these tests, i've had to wait nearly a yr for an appointment. I guess it would be a month or so atleast.

Would the heart catheter mean an overnight stay or outpatient procedure?

Allan

out patient unless they do something else because of something they find. In my case stent insertion changed me from outpatient to overnight, or any other complication. My 2nd heart cath I had problems with the incision site so overnight again