Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I got diagnosis of diabetes in AIT

Rate this question

Deannnnn

Question

Hi I’m in AIT now and recently I got diagnosis of diabetes. And doctor said it’s EPTS and I can’t get any disability benefits cuz it’s not army fault. But I went through MEPS, they didn’t find any of this. Of course I didn’t know that I had diabetes. The reason why I went to clinic and checked my blood cuz I felt really tried during my leave and I had some symptoms about diabetes so I bought a device and checked blood myself. It wasn’t normal tho. that’s why I wanted to make sure with army doctor. I’ll be kicked out soon. So in this case, is it hard to get VA disability benefits?

Update————

thank u all for giving me good ideas. I’m active duty and on March 5th is gonna be 180days. 

Edited by Deannnnn

22 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Hi Deannnn Sorry to hear of your illness. Most importantly, seek treatment and try to manage your symptoms; it is life altering and can be life threatening. I might be wrong on this but if you research I believe you must have an event or illness only after 90 days of active duty. If you are in AIT,  you aren't considered Active yet. Google VA healthcare requirements. Unfortunately, I don't believe you have much chance of getting it s-c. Sorry; good luck to you.

Thank you for applying it back! Yeah I will research more about this and I’ll do my best to get it done