Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam

Rate this question

Marinevet26

Question

Hello my fellow veterans! I wanted to ask this and maybe get the opinions of sone my fellow veterans. Anyway I had a C&P Exam on May 2nd.  I feel it went well.  At the end of the exam the doctor said to me, "You should be 100%, and I'm sorry you have to live the way I do" she said also if she couldn't push for 100%  she said 90% at the least.  I know she isn't a rater or makes those decisions, but is it a good or bad sign that she even said that? By the way I'm already rated at 60% and filed a claim for an increase. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Marinevet26 I agree justtryintomakeit here. The examiner is being encouraging. She is telling you that although she is providing enough info for a positive rating for your current disability claim, it is not her decision on what the final rating will be. That would be done by a VA rater. She is also saying that because of VA math, the increase that she thinks you may be rated for (probably) won't get you to 100%. That said, it sounds like you may be eligible for a high enough combined rating to be considered for TDIU. Not knowing your situation, if that is the case and your disabilities prevent you from working, you should consider. There is beaucoup info here on Hadit on that subject.