MarineDog

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest rickb54

I have Phonak behind the ear (BTE) hearing aids, I chose them because I didn't feel good about craming something small into my ears. They are gray in color, and since my hair is brown/silver they are almost invisable. The BTE aids are said to be more reliable and require less maintance. I do go in once a month and the tech install new microphone filters, and check the tubing.

Mine are three years old now, and I really like them. When you get fitted they will put some kind of putty in your ear to make ear molds that fix you right.

Oh... just want to add..

I get moisture in my tubes becasue I have sweat a lot (by product of bad lungs) any way ask for a dryer if you have this problem. A dryer is an electric machine with two drawer, at night I put one aid in each drawer, push a button and over night my aids are sanatized and dried out... In the morning they are warm to the touch and feel better when I put them in...

Edited by rickb54

12/10/06 I went in for a C&P for hearing for which I am rated SC at 0%. I had my hearing aids for 5 years. They fitted me for new ones that same day. They kept the old ones on record as back ups. They did this so the old ones could be repaired if needed in the future.

All in all the audio lab is nice to deal with at the Dallas VA.

Gunny