Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Current DIC forms




Survivors have to use the forms here that apply to their claims.

They also might well need to contact NARA for copies of the deceased veterans inservice SMRS and Military Personnel files and they can do that on line with an SF 180- if that info would be needed for their DIC claim or accrued claim.

The deceased's C file can still be obtained with a 21-3288, as far as I now ( available at the VA Web site) and I await clarification from VA on how survivors can obtain copies of the deceased veteran's medical records....as that might have changed as well.

Survivors must apply for DIC and Accrued within one year after the veteran's death, other wise they will lose the best EED for the benefit if it is awarded.

The best EED for DIC is the date of the veteran's death. 

The only exception to this is if it is a Nehmer claim ( info on Nehmer is in our AO forum)








This is a rendition of the forms that mos

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

0 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use