Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cpap

Rate this question

huskerfanfl

Question

Does anyome have any idea how long it takes to get a CPAP or BPAP machine through the VA. I am having my second sleep study tomorrow evening and should get the script this week. I have an appointment at the VA clinic in Evansville Wednesday for my semi-annual checkup (boy do I have news, since my last appointment I have been diagnosed with anxiety/depression, have had arthroscopic knee surgery, and now the sleep apnea).

I am going to ask about getting the machine through the VA, but you all know how they sometimes like to blow smoke, so if anybody has any idea concerning the waiting time, I would appreciate some imput.

Tim

Vet and proud of it

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest rickb54

It took the va 8 working days to get me my home oxygen approved for delivery tomorrow.

it took 1 hour to get a nebulizer machine

it took 1 1/2 months to get my power chair

it took 6 months to get my power chair lift for vehicle..

I guess what I am saying is who knows.. sometimes they work quick sometimes not so quick....

Does anyome have any idea how long it takes to get a CPAP or BPAP machine through the VA. I am having my second sleep study tomorrow evening and should get the script this week. I have an appointment at the VA clinic in Evansville Wednesday for my semi-annual checkup (boy do I have news, since my last appointment I have been diagnosed with anxiety/depression, have had arthroscopic knee surgery, and now the sleep apnea).

I am going to ask about getting the machine through the VA, but you all know how they sometimes like to blow smoke, so if anybody has any idea concerning the waiting time, I would appreciate some imput.

about three weeks after rx was written

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• HadIt.com Elder

It depends on the following data. If you have to have a sleep study, The results being read, Writing the prescription, scheduling an appt to come in to get the machine and also go over how to operate it.

I had an outside study done and faxed the results, I got the machine ( Auto Pap) in 1 visit. About an hour.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

My husband got called on 12/12 for a sleep study THAT NIGHT! I guess someone cancelled. He went b/c if he didn't go then, we both knew he'd have to wait forever for another chance. The person who did the study told him the next morning he would be getting a machine delivered to the house. It never came, but then we received an appointment schedule for 12/29 at the VA clinic, and that's when he got his machine.

Heck, we were called on 12/27 and told he was rated for 70% PTSD and IU and that it would take as much as 90 days before we'd get anything. We're still waiting! If I didn't have our Congressman's office verify the info we were given, I wouldn't believe it's happening!! Hope this helps!!