Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went For Ao Registry Exam

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

I went yesterday and a doctor asked me questions regarding my health, meds I`m on and what ails me. I then was given a urine test and 8 vials of blood draw and gone. Nothing to it.

I go soon to be assigned a primary doc. Can I be given or set up for prescriptions I`m on at that time? Also, can I be reimbursed for all prescriptions I have paid for since my disability was rated?

Cavman

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest terrysturgis

Cavman, I'm glad you got the AO exam. As 1968 said I had X-rays and a ECG for my heart. Don't forget the FIO for a copy of the exam to see if they found something you have not claimed. Take care. Terry Sturgis

Thanks for the advice guys. I didn`t get a chest xray because I had a pet scan recently. I will ask about getting an EKG though. I would have never asked for a copy of the blood work results if you guys hadn`t suggested it. See everyday you learn something from someone on this site. Half of us are crazy or going stir crazy, but we are a damn good group together. Lol.

Cavman

I go soon to be assigned a primary doc. Can I be given or set up for prescriptions I`m on at that time? Also, can I be reimbursed for all prescriptions I have paid for since my disability was rated?

Cavman,

Yes, your VA primary care doctor will write your prescriptions annually. Bring your current prescriptions with you.

I don't understand your question about reimbursement because to be reimbursed you must have been getting prescriptions from the VA to begin with and you would have had to have had a VA doctor prescribe them to you.

Are you currently enrolled in the VA health care system? Did you fill out the VA EZ 1010 enrollemnet form and get assigned a priority number?

As far as the current increase rating you just need to make a copy of the front page that says "Congratulations the VA has awarded your benefits etc., along with the date of the rating increase and either take it to or fax it to your VAMC Registration and Enrollments Office. If you are in the health care system they will update the demographic with your new rating percentage and based on the date of the increase to 50% or above, you will be reimbursed for VA co-pays that were paid after the effective date of the increased rating.

Edited by RockyA1911

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I got reimbursed for dental work I paid for while my IU was on appeal. I had some teeth worked on while waiting for my IU to be made retro and I got some of that money back from the VA even though I was not using the VA dentist. I went through unauthorized expense via Fee Base and got back about 70% of the money I spent getting a couple of crowns. I was made retro back about a year before the date I filed for IU. During that year I had these dental expenses which I could have used the VA for but had to use my own dentist. The VA paid me for that but it took six months of bugging them and many trips to the Fee Base office. The first thing they did was to throw my application away.

You know I got reimbursed for dental work I paid for while my IU was on appeal. I had some teeth worked on while waiting for my IU to be made retro and I got some of that money back from the VA even though I was not using the VA dentist. I went through unauthorized expense via Fee Base and got back about 70% of the money I spent getting a couple of crowns. I was made retro back about a year before the date I filed for IU. During that year I had these dental expenses which I could have used the VA for but had to use my own dentist. The VA paid me for that but it took six months of bugging them and many trips to the Fee Base office. The first thing they did was to throw my application away.

I remember reading a post like this from you in the past and I couldn`t believe that you could be reimbursed for medical, dental and meds paid for the period your retro went back to. There isn`t a form for this or furthermore is there even a benefit such as this?

Cavman