VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA "Providers"-many if not most VA medical people are NOT VA employees

Rate this question

Berta

Question

My whole post on this, earlier, vanished-----

https://www.accesstocare.va.gov/ourproviders/

If your VA health care provider is NOT a VA employee, they are not liable under FTCA if they harm you with negligence.

They are liable under 1151 claims.

The VA started populating their VAMCS with these 'providers' years ago because -in my opinion-their FTCA stats show they have had to pay out Millions,and millions  over the years for malpractice under FTCA situations...often involving Federal District Court awards.

1151 awards however have  NO accountability at all No one, not even Congress knows how costly 1151 awards have been.

The BVA awards some 1151 claims themselves, often to widows, whose claims could have been awarded at the RO level, but those ,all 1151 BVA awards claims are added to the General service connected compensation awards they make , therefore not even the annual BVA report accounts for the 1151 claims that succeed.

What a system.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

bumping this up for the possible FTCA/ 1151 vet here

Buck- I got email message that you posted on this topic , but whatever you posted is not here at the site.

Maybe  you deleted your post?

It is a very important topic- since  Providers do not fall under FTCA regulations,that means no one, even if the veteran or widow files under 1151, and succeeds , i aware of  the amount of compensation paid out by VA for their loss due to negligence as it is not public and never counted with the actual VA malpractice statistics.

That means Congress, the public, and even GAO never knows how much proven malpractice goes on at the VA.