Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depression And Heart

Rate this topic

Liz-are you an incountry Vietnam vet?

has the VA definitely ruled out DMII?

There are certainly many female Vietnam incountry vets who suffer from AO disability -this is why I ask-

Any strong medical opinion could potentially state that your heart disease is etiologically related to your SC disability -or it is contributed to substantially by your SC disability-

these claims are hard to win- but -with good medical evidence and a good IMO with strong rationale there is always a potential there for service connection.

PTSD vets have had heart disease granted as secondary to their PTSD- and their HBP too-

but they had unshakable professional medical opinions that covered all the bases and the VA could not deny.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS- forgot-

I have been following the horrific death of Anna Nicole-

it is heartbreaking to know- whatever feelings you have about her, that her son died days after her daughter's birth.

They still have not determined cause and manner of death.

Many of the professionals interviewed on the legal beagle channels have mentioned how the depression from her son's death might have been a factor in her own death-

although the ME said the heart autopsy had only subtle findings- he based this on gross findings (ME talk for his eyewitness observation of the autopsied heart) other tests are being done on her tissues-heart, brain etc.

It seems to me that the medical community always can suggest that emotional state can lead to or contribute to heart disease (dont know if Anna had heart disease yet and maybe not) but yet the VA itself will not recognise that association.

WHy is it that many earthquake victims can die of fear-with a sudden heart attack yet the VA cannot see any association-with any mental disability and the affect on HBP and the heart?

These claims can succeed but they do take lots of leg work and often take an opinion from a shrink with corroboration from a cardiologist.

Had a good friend who is a retired SGTMJR and a County VSO, he told me in the DSM-IV heart diseased is linked secondary to Depression I never bothered chasing that one down. My doc already said my CAD is secondary to HTN, for which I am SC.