Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Again

Rate this question

LeroyJohnson

Question

hello everyone ,what a day got three seperate packets from the va all denials . Every one of they denials had medical opinions from Dr Bash. They stated he did not give reasons for his medical opinions and did not give me a phycial exam therefore I was denied. He gave them 28 pages of why he had the medical opoinon he had. Guess it is back to square one with another NOD. They even denied an increase for Ptsd stating that 50% was more than high enough with a gaf of 38.

Leroy :(

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

thanks Berta, I have been on SSD for 12 years due to medicial conditions that are still pending with the VA and the fact that I am on SSD was written about in every C&P that I have had. Last C&P was for PTSD and he wrote that I was on SSD and had been for many years. The C&P was 100% in my favor and the C&P that I had before that one was also 100% in my favor even went so far as to state that I needed A&A. which of course was denied In this denial which included the denial for A&A it stated that to quailfy for A&A that I needed the aide of someone to help with daily needs since I didnt have that I was denied . in the C&P in 2003 the doctor stated that I needed help with my daily needs and that my wife provided help with bathing me ,dressing me, and all household chores.Don't know how much more clear the VA doctor could have made it for them he has stopped at the VA medical center several times wanting to know if I was given 100% yet .

Leroy

The sad truth is that you filed at the wrong time leroy. The VA is going bankrupt and PTSD is the most subjective and easily dismissed disease the VA encounters.....PTSD accounts for a large portion of the VA budget and those with PTSD are the least equipped to fight a low-ball rating or non-SC. Until our SOs and/or elected officials take a stand against this practice EVERY PTSD vet will be fighting a huge uphill battle.

P.S. - As I have said MANY times, we need to boycott the SO's until they start fighting against these blatant problems on a national level. This is the ONLY way to gain national attention on the issue and drum up enough support from washington. Every vet should send their SO a letter saying "I no longer wish your services until you fix these horrible problems on a national level and I will no longer donate to this, or any other SO, until you do so". America IS money and only acts when money is involved...you take away the money and SOs WILL react (not to mention the shame it would bring to them and the clout they would lose in washington as a result).