Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental claim

Rate this question

Usmc_Aj

Question

I have been following hadit for about a year now since I got my denial for sc. I have a question that I hope can be answered. I was denied for adjustment disorder and now I submitted a supplemental claim, however my diagnosis are for anxiety and depression so being that I was denied for mental health I was unable to submit the anxiety and depression as a new claim. I spoke with a few vso and was told I should not worry about it as the va combine all mental health issues as one. Is this true or should I look to get a diagnosis for adjustment disorder as well. When I call to check the status of my claim anxiety and depression is never mentioned only adjustment disorder but when I bring the anxiety and depression I get told not to worry and the va will look at it. 

9 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

I see it more than I would like. We'll order an exam package for service connection that, by law, has to have both a DBQ and an opinion from the examiner. We'll get back the DBQ for the exam, but not the form for the opinion, so we have to request a re-work, which they hate- because they are time sensitive, and they don't get paid for reworks. LOL. Im the rework xxxxxxx of my group. I like to lean on them pretty hard because its a waste of my time to go through your claim to make sure the last guy that touched it didnt forget something, then see that there exams returned, then go to read the results and see that 1/2 the exam wasn't returned. Its not a timing thing- we DO get DBQs back that don't have the requisite opinion- yet, but they are coming later. But when I log onto the provider portals and see the exam marked off as completed yet part of it is missing I get a little hot. Now, not only did I spend time going through your claim, and the exam results to make sure they are complete, now I have to log into a separate place to demand a rework of the exam with rationale as to why. Its frustrating, and by the time I do it all im 30-40 minutes in, with 20 more cases to go for the day. So, cleaning up their messes makes 'me' look worse on my end because my productivity stats suffer. It usually averages out, but im on the mid to slower side of my team because ive only been there almost a year so there are things I don't know fully, yet, and I like to take my time and try to get to know who im looking at a little bit. 

Im not making a christmas card list or anything, or selling your information to the Nigerians, but I do like to read the medical records, muster reports, deck logs, etc, and 4138s, and even 0781's (though not nearly as much, those). The running joke in my family is that Ill get PTSD from YOUR PTSD someday. Those are the harder days. Most of the time its pretty run of the mill stuff, though. 

Can you privately chat