Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Phone Survey?

Rate this question

Scott83

Question

Hey guys

I got a phone call from the BVA tonight. The woman was talking so fast that I couldn't decipher what it stood for and could hardly make out what she was saying, but what I did get was that they were conducting a phone survey about my service connected disability. I scheduled them to call back tomorrow so I could get youre help first.

Before I blow this off as no big deal I want to find out if this is normal and what kind of implications it will have on my benefits. What is the BVA? are they attached to the VA?

Thanks Guys

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The Report by the "Disability Review Commission" was due last October, but because of political reasons was delayed. Please be very careful with them, do not give them any information that will hurt current or future vtes. they were created politically to CUT VA benefits in MY opinion, and I feel that is their ONLY mission since one of their first attempts was to get VA Disability and SS Disability unpayable to the vet, he would have to choose between the two. Fortunately, there was so much opposition that this was supposedely dropped, but I feel they really still want this to happen! On one hand if every vet who has had negative experience with the VA in any form refuses to answer, and they get only those answers from vets who don't know the Disability Review Board's mission and if they really only give an opinion or hearsay on the va disability benefits.....then you can see what may happen. If they only get 25 people who will answer and 24 give a somewhat positive view, then they will use that as a propoganda tool to say 99% of vets wouldn't mind taking a cut in benefits, "for the good of the country". This Commission has shown itself VERY political and given that less than 25% of our Congress and probably less than 5% of the Administration has served in the military with probably the numbers dropping very lower for those who have seen combat, we have the deck stacked against us already! If they call me, I'm ready. Also, this "phone survey" has been contracted out, so who you are talking to is someone that for the right price will make a survey read anything the Buyer (Disability Commission) wants it to read. Again, please be careful!

Read: http://vawatchdog.org/nfDEC06/nf120206-1.htm http://vawatchdog.org/milcom/vetscommissionssdistudy.htm http://vawatchdog.org/nfDEC06/nf120106-11.htm http://vawatchdog.org/milcom/buyingoutdisabledveterans.htm http://vawatchdog.org/milcom/areyoureallyaveteran.htm

Hey guys

Thanks for all the responses. I looked over those links and your responses and am very reluctant to give over much of any information at all. they don't seem to be "pro veteran" in my eyes. its 12:30 now, theyre suppose to be calling for the survey in a half hour. I'll let you know how it goes.

• HadIt.com Elder

due to the results of November 2006 elections results the Vet Commission has effectively been nuetered so to speak the results have to go to congress the President can not implement them without Congress voting to approve it, and without the rubber stamp the WH needed this commission is toast I still wouldn't answer anything

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

well they called about 20 minutes after they said they would, and they used a blocked id to make the call so i didnt even answer. im DEFINATELY not gonna give information to somebody trying to hide their number from me.

• HadIt.com Elder
well they called about 20 minutes after they said they would, and they used a blocked id to make the call so i didnt even answer. im DEFINATELY not gonna give information to somebody trying to hide their number from me.

Good for You!!

Josephine

Good! and if they call you again ask them for their phone number and turn them in, so they don't get someone else who will give them info and may take their idenity. That's what you really got to worry about is idenity theft. and I feel this is not ligment. There are so many cons out there.