• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C.f.r Governing Patients Rights During C&p

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just need a little help and thanks,

I have searched, but cannot locate rights of patients concerning C&P'S?

It has been brought to my attention, that my rights were violated when I had my last C&P with the two Psychiatrist when they would not allow my husband to be present. I call it an interrogation, not a C&P.

It was stated to me by the Patients Advocate that it was their Prerogative to not have anyone present.

I placed a complaint within 3 days of the C&P and all letters were notarized and delivered to the Patients Advocate. He did all within his power.

I received a letter from the Hospital Administrator that I could seek the services of the General Council, if I did not like the way that this C&P was conducted.

What did the General Council do, Nothing.

Is there any C.F. R. code pretaining to this?

Thanks and Always Grateful,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Since your C&P is done at a VAMC I am sure that the Hospitals Standard Bill of Patients Rights are in effect.

• HadIt.com Elder
Since your C&P is done at a VAMC I am sure that the Hospitals Standard Bill of Patients Rights are in effect.

Pete,

I looked up Bill of Rights for Patients, seems that the only recourse is the one that I took and that is about it.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

OK.. the clinicians guide does not state that a veteran can have someone present during any examination...but for psychiatric illnesses it does suggest the possibility of a social examination:

13.11 What is the value of and best way to use the Social Work Service?

a. A study by the social work service examines significant experiences related to family interrelationships, education, psychosexual development, employment, military history, and the onset of medical or psychiatric problems. They are examined in terms of their effect on the veteran’s psychosocial development and functioning.

b. The social study will assist the examiner in developing an appro¬priate diagnosis; in evaluating the degree of social, psychological, and industrial impairment; and in assessing the veteran’s potential for improved social functioning and employment.

c. A social study can help to clarify:

The nature and sequence of events that may have affected the veteran’s life.

The physical and social situation, and especially the interpersonal relationships, past and present, that have perceptibly affected him/her.

Social and psychological situations that may have brought out abnormal functioning which has a bearing on the cause and nature of the veteran’s maladjustment.

Information about the veteran’s behavior patterns.

Response to stressful situations.

Competency .

d. Social data are particularly useful in helping the examiner solve diagnostic problems such as differentiating between a transient personality reaction to an acute or special stress and an anxiety

SOOOOOOOOOO............ I'd INSIST that such a study be performed since the physician/psych whatever cannot formulate a complete picture without it... I'd at least inquire into it...

I'm still a lookin