VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NY Veteran Claim going on for over 1yr and 6 months, cdp exams completed twice under both contractors

Rate this question

VetNY12

Question

I live in NY and was wondering if any other NYer has been waiting over 1 yr to complete their claims? Been told it is due to high population of veterans.

Claim started in April 2020, and had to conduct all my exams with LHI, then had to conduct all my exams again, but with VES. First time I have ever had to redo exams, first time was due to DBS questionnaire changes, the other time was to redo psych eval since it was done over a year ago, it has been nothing but a long wait for cp exams to be setup and to finally be at the point now, of HOPEFULLY having done everything and waiting for a decision.

I have also been waiting for my deceased Vietnam veterans claim as well to be completed, trying to get my mother the benefits she is possibly due. Sad when it even takes this long for a veteran who has past away.

Understanding covid had something to do with all this with workers working from home, I'm just curious if anyone has been waiting as long as me or longer and if they too had to conduct all their exams twice under both contractors?

From one veteran to another, THANK YOU ALL hope VA is treating you better.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Im not from NY, but it does not matter tHAT much where you are anymore, because of a "NWQ" (National Work Que).  

Since all paperwork MAILED IN will be scanned in anyway, when you submit a claim it goes into a NWQ "and its put into a list".  Then, when a rater finishes a claim in Virgina, he picks up the next one in the list, which could be any one of the 50 states.  

If they are telling you its because "they have a high Veteran population" in your area, well horse puckey, as I explained.  

Even 10 years ago, I got decisions which stated " a different VARO" than the one I live in, multiple times.  So, this is been going on "a while".  Of course, some VSO's, especially trained in the old school, may not get this.  

While this does seem a bit long, VA people have been whining about the slowness of NPRC for some time, and that isnt getting better very fast.  Apparently NPRC was closed for covid (like many other places), and its created a backlog at NPRC.  

It may help a lot if YOU have a copy of your records and send those to VA.  But VA may already have yours, you probably wont know that unless you have a VSO with e access, aka VBMS access.  If you have a VSO with VBMS access, he should be able to look at your file and see whats happening.  However, it sounds like you already know that there is a glitch with c and p exams.  

If VA can not find a glitch to hold up your claim, they will figure one out, and are creative with this.  Its too bad I have not been rated based on "number of glitches the past 19 years" (since 2002) because, if I were, I would be getting at least 8 grand a month.  

On 9/28/2021 at 11:07 PM, broncovet said:

Im not from NY, but it does not matter tHAT much where you are anymore, because of a "NWQ" (National Work Que).  

Since all paperwork MAILED IN will be scanned in anyway, when you submit a claim it goes into a NWQ "and its put into a list".  Then, when a rater finishes a claim in Virgina, he picks up the next one in the list, which could be any one of the 50 states.  

If they are telling you its because "they have a high Veteran population" in your area, well horse puckey, as I explained.  

Even 10 years ago, I got decisions which stated " a different VARO" than the one I live in, multiple times.  So, this is been going on "a while".  Of course, some VSO's, especially trained in the old school, may not get this.  

While this does seem a bit long, VA people have been whining about the slowness of NPRC for some time, and that isnt getting better very fast.  Apparently NPRC was closed for covid (like many other places), and its created a backlog at NPRC.  

It may help a lot if YOU have a copy of your records and send those to VA.  But VA may already have yours, you probably wont know that unless you have a VSO with e access, aka VBMS access.  If you have a VSO with VBMS access, he should be able to look at your file and see whats happening.  However, it sounds like you already know that there is a glitch with c and p exams.  

If VA can not find a glitch to hold up your claim, they will figure one out, and are creative with this.  Its too bad I have not been rated based on "number of glitches the past 19 years" (since 2002) because, if I were, I would be getting at least 8 grand a month.  

Yea my lawyer has the ability to check VBMS, but nothing in there showing what is taking these claims over a year. Again I was just curious how much longer veterans in NY and other areas are taking to get a decision from start to finish. My first attempt took less than a year. Now waiting for 2 weeks it'll be tomorrow I am waiting for a decision to be made.

So like you mentioned, nothing has gotten faster, just slower, but also I have never heard of anyone having to do cp exams over twice like I have done with first going through LHI, then VES. Very frustrating. Thanks for your reply.