Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Hearing

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am going for a hearing at the VA regional office on October 27th 2005. I am not optimistic since the crux of my case is reasonable doubt. My wife is going with me to testify about the degree of my disability. The rating decision makes no logical sense and the De Novo review was just a regurgitation of the facts in the initial decision. I have never seen such a poor rating decision that is not even consistent with itself. If the BVA gets this case I hope they look beyond the quoted facts and look at all the evidence.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I am going for a hearing at the VA regional office on October 27th 2005. I am not optimistic since the crux of my case is reasonable doubt. My wife is going with me to testify about the degree of my disability. The rating decision makes no logical sense and the De Novo review was just a regurgitation of the facts in the initial decision. I have never seen such a poor rating decision that is not even consistent with itself. If the BVA gets this case I hope they look beyond the quoted facts and look at all the evidence.

I dont know what your case is,however If you can show reasonable doubt to the extent that it is "equipose" they should decide in your favor, the newer ruling puts the "burden" on the department of VA to "disprove"your claim!! B)

Arch Sgt. USAF

• HadIt.com Elder

Arch

I have peripheral neuropathy secondary to DMII. I have it in all four limbs. The VA granted it for the lower extremities but, based on the same evidence, denied it for the upper extremities. The justification was that one doctor said the PN existed before the diagnosis of DMII. So I ask why grant it for the lower extremities and deny for the upper. The VA's neurologist said polyneuropathy secondary to DMII and some intern said no connection between PN and DMII so they took the work of the intern. The half-ass DRO looked at the same evidence (he probably took 30 seconds) and upheld the initial decision without even mentioning the neurologist report. I know this is going to end up at the BVA but I have one more shot at the local level and I will take it.

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

With all the reports of RO abuses and DRO rubber stamping prior rulings. I have no idea why you guys keep going back and back for more abuse from the RO and allowing the acess to complex your case, change the issues slapp you in the face and be allowed to take years and years to do so.

Once the RO rules you can appeal to the BVA. Someday vets will start to see the uselessness of seeking inner agency review of the RO own rulings.

Terry Higgins

How to you appeal to the BVA, what is the wording, as I have claims coming down, that will get turned down, as just about all my in-service medical files are gone, and can't prove hardly any of my in-service injuries and/or illnesses. I will see your answer in a couple of days, as I have to go down to Iowa VA again tomorrow. for a check-up.