Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

(tbi) Traumatic Brain Injury & Va

Rate this question

drkestlight

Question

I just finished my VA compensation & pension medical review. I spent a year + at Walter Reed and with various doctors. I submitted copies of my own records too the VA but some doc's still gave me a hard time. I submitted my military disability discharge and SSDI award letter I cannot see anything else they would need from me. Should I worry ? The VA wants me too take tests and be used as a case study,do I have too comply? All of a sudden TBI is the new thing for them but I was turned down for traumatic injury insurance but diagnosed and discharged with a brain injury? The doctors have told me that there is nothing they can do for me so why does the VA want too test me for individual issues associated from the TBI? P & C is over ?Are they trying too screw me over for less compensation ? In addition the VA sent me vocational rehab ? asked me too sign it. I will never work again is this a trick...... that is why I am on Social Security. All my issues are documented and confirmed prior too the VA by civilian and military should I get a lawyer I just don't trust the VA. Any info or comments are most welcome thank you

NY STEVE

TBI

Post Concussive Disorder

Seizures

C 5 -C6- L4 herniated Disks

Balance disorder

Bi/lateral hearing loss / hearing Aids

Sensorial hearing loss / Tinnitus

PTSD

Chronic Migraines

Hemiplegic Migraines

(TIA) Stroke

Memory Loss

Merlalagia Parestetica ® leg

CFS

Chronic Bi lateral Atelectasis (lungs) WTC illness

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Vike said:

"Not at all, actually being a Walter Reed for over a year and the current uproar over it could work in your favor as far a receiving continued care and services from VA. "

INDEED! "The times, they are a changin" (Bob Dylan)

I took full advantage of this horrible situation at Reed by sending my letter to the Governor of New York this week- regarding not only my problems but specifically in other strong regard for ALL veterans and widows in our state who have the same POA as I do.

Rattling off too I am widow of 2 disabled vets, 2 HDS apiece and my daughter has an HD and served for 7 years away from home but still paid NYS taxes.My family gave a lot of service so far to the US of A and my daughter still does.

I did not mention the Walter Reed fiasco at all- dont have to- it is all over the news- but I did mention the documented fact that VA killed my husband with piss-poor medical care.

Also this news about Reed has prompted much attention to even the VA claims process if you all follow the news-and get info from the Senate via email-

when the enemy has been breeched and their defensives are down-

that is a most viable time to hit the enemy with all you got-

Of course the VA is not an Enemy- but I fully apply all I learned as a civilian in warfare classes in order to access their intelligence (38 CFR), and tactically look for the breeches-

dumb unfounded medical statements in decisions-etc-

The time has come for all vets with legit complaints about the VA system to put it in writing and tell the Vets Commission, and your Congresspersons and Senators.

As long as we put up with inadequate medical care -for returning vets and all other vets in the system-and the lengthy claim process-- that for many vets - is inadequate and arbitrary---

we are Enabling the VA to continue to do business the sameo sameo way-

Again-as I said many times before --- I could spend hours talking about all the wonderful things the VA does do-

but when the system fails even ONE veteran they have failed all of us.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I just finished my VA compensation & pension medical review. I spent a year + at Walter Reed and with various doctors. I submitted copies of my own records too the VA but some doc's still gave me a hard time. I submitted my military disability discharge and SSDI award letter I cannot see anything else they would need from me. Should I worry ? The VA wants me too take tests and be used as a case study,do I have too comply? All of a sudden TBI is the new thing for them but I was turned down for traumatic injury insurance but diagnosed and discharged with a brain injury? The doctors have told me that there is nothing they can do for me so why does the VA want too test me for individual issues associated from the TBI? P & C is over ?Are they trying too screw me over for less compensation ? In addition the VA sent me vocational rehab ? asked me too sign it. I will never work again is this a trick...... that is why I am on Social Security. All my issues are documented and confirmed prior too the VA by civilian and military should I get a lawyer I just don't trust the VA. Any info or comments are most welcome thank you

NY STEVE Steve...As soon as U can get a lawyer in your corner.

TBI

Post Concussive Disorder

Seizures

C 5 -C6- L4 herniated Disks

Balance disorder

Bi/lateral hearing loss / hearing Aids

Sensorial hearing loss / Tinnitus

PTSD

Chronic Migraines

Hemiplegic Migraines

(TIA) Stroke

Memory Loss