Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Schedular Not T&p Or Is It?

Rate this question

admiral7

Question

if you are granted sc at 100% schedular but soc does not say t&p does this mean you are not entitled to the same benefits as someone with 60%tdiu t&p?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

if you are granted sc at 100% schedular but soc does not say t&p does this mean you are not entitled to the same benefits as someone with 60%tdiu t&p?

TP is TP weather you have as you say 60% and IU or 70% and Iu so on and so on...they hold off on the PT for a while as they hate to give up any control ... which is stupid becuae even with 100% and PT they can still call you in for another exam... tilll the day they play taps over you the VA ownes you or atleast they own the $ they pay

• HadIt.com Elder

Permanent and Total, otherwise known a P&T is given as a designation given when the veteran is either 100% schedular or 100% due to IU and the VA believes there is little or no chance of the veteran's condition ever improving. The rating decision, not the SOC, will not come out directly and say you're P&T. If the rating decision states you're entitled to CHAMPVA and CH.35 educational benefits, then this means you are P&T with no future exams scheduled. Just take a look at your rating decision to see if those two are listed. 100% schedular and 100%IU veterans have the same benefits. The only thing P%T status does is give the additional CHAMPVA and Ch. 35 benefits.

Vike 17

Edited by Vike17

I think the rating decision might state your dependents potential for CHAMPVA.

Mine never did, just the 100% SC P & T rating for Rod posthumous- and my CHapter 35 benefits were granted with a Chap 35 app attached for me and also they enclosed one more that they put my daughter's name on.

Vike is right- if he had been alive it would have just said 100% SC for PTSD and the Chap 35 part.

The VA did however send me a separate letter advising me I 'might' be eligible for CHAMPVA and to apply -which I did and was granted.

CHAMPVA is not handled by the VAROs.

Has this all changed in the last decade?

Does the VA state the CHAMPVA entitlement directly in the decision now?

Edited by Berta