Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Super fast denial

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

So I opened a claim for OSA 2 weeks ago secondary to my vestibular disorder stating that the vertigo and balance issues make it impossible to keep and excercising routine and the weight gain I have at this point is due to the lack of excercise and the meds. I'm on for Anxiety / depression which is also service connected due to my severe hearing loss. They sent a paper saying the outsourced people will call if they need to for a physical. No calls. I checked my work in process and both were denied. I didn't even put it in for a fully developed claim yet because I have my follow up appointment with my sleep doctor this Friday. I guess they don't even let you get all your info. in before denying now. My other claims never went this way. Not sure what to do at this point. Didn't even get a chance this time. Hope you all are having a better day. Thanks

2 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Something interesting is that the VA will/would service connect Sleep Apnea secondary to PTSD but not Major Depression Disorder. 

Whoa. That's good to know.

I've read articles through here about weight gain being the aggravating factor causing OSA. With myself not being able to stay on a exercise schedule due to my service connected disability with the balance and vertigo issues and also long term use of escitalopram causes weight gain I believe my service connections are ultimately causing my OSA. Its only my opinion though cause the VA doctors don't like to connect any dots if its against the VA. They just told me to contact my VSO but the VSO told me to contact them. Viscous circle. 

Just wondering how long it typically takes to get the denial letter? After being denied in under 2 weeks, It is been 4 weeks and I still don't have my official denial letter. There are zero updates on ebenefits or VA.gov. This one has been weird. I wonder if it has to do with the changes they are proposing. Any one else waiting for a letter? 

14 hours ago, Riplip said:

Just wondering how long it typically takes to get the denial letter. After being denied in under 2 weeks, it has been 4 weeks and I still don't have my official denial letter. There are zero updates on ebenefits or VA.gov. This one has been weird. I wonder if it has to do with the changes they are proposing. Anyone else waiting for a letter? 

If it has been more than ten mailing days, then you can call the 1 (800) 827-1000 number and ask them to email or fax you a copy of your decision.

Typos. 

Edited by pacmanx1

So i hear from this guy because I've been asking all my providers to help with information on my claims and they keep dodging me. He asked about my claim of OSA and weght gain and I told him I never got an exam and they just denied it. In his letter he thinks it was an independent contractor who never called me and then claimed I was a "No Show" which denied it right away. Well that sucks. He thinks I can call BVA and have them open it back up. Is this normal operating procedure? 

20220302_135020.thumb.jpg.ac7e440e984c50f860b8ad841297e480.jpg