VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Total knee replacement right knee 100% compension increase for recovery

Rate this question

johnsctt196078

Question

hi guys

Im having my right knee total replacement end of march or first week of april.Currently im service connected on both knees,lower back.All my previous claims i did thru ebenefits via fully developed claims.would anyone have advice on when i should start the process and how(via ebenefits)for the increase,im using a private hospital instead of the VA, i did see with the VA it was automatic if in VA hospital.Im just trying to have paperwork in order etc

2 answers to this question

Don't use Ebenefits- its going away. File through VA.gov. Your hospital/doctor *should* send a notification of hospital stay if they know you are a Veteran, especially if its a VA hospital, but once you get out of surgery get the intake report (that you checked in- you'll have copies of all kinds of this stuff, its not a specific form) or something similar that shows you checked in, checked out, and get the surgical report with future therapy and prognosis. It should say on there how long the doc thinks it will take to recover. You can't file until you have all that because you won't have proof that you actually had surgery until you have surgery. After that, file it like a normal claim on a 21-526ez. You can't file for an increase on your knees until after recovery is complete, but that is what the temporary 100% is for. 

21 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Don't use Ebenefits- its going away. File through VA.gov. Your hospital/doctor *should* send a notification of hospital stay if they know you are a Veteran, especially if its a VA hospital, but once you get out of surgery get the intake report (that you checked in- you'll have copies of all kinds of this stuff, its not a specific form) or something similar that shows you checked in, checked out, and get the surgical report with future therapy and prognosis. It should say on there how long the doc thinks it will take to recover. You can't file until you have all that because you won't have proof that you actually had surgery until you have surgery. After that, file it like a normal claim on a 21-526ez. You can't file for an increase on your knees until after recovery is complete, but that is what the temporary 100% is for. 

thank you for the help