VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's your experience with BVA timelines?

Rate this question

Grilla79

Question

Whats your experience with BVA appeals lately?  I expect a wide range, but curious where the left and right boundaries are.  Filed a NOD on a 2011 finding in 2012.  The finding was GERD not service related.  in 2016 received a decision service related, 10% rating.  The decision said it was not rated higher because there was no evidence of higher severity or persistency.  i filed for a BVA appeal noting why it was more severe using the appropriate criteria and persistent (diagnosed in service in 1989.  In June 2021 i had a video appeal with a Veterans Law Judge.. She informed me in 90 days her report would go to the board for review and decision and although there were no guarantees i should have a decision within 60 days of that.    in November (about 150 days) i was notified "Your appeal is at the Board of Veterans’ Appeals being reviewed by a Veterans Law Judge. If you submit evidence that isn’t already included in your case, it may delay your appeal".  Also this note "decision soon, your appeal will soon receive a Board decision. Submitting new evidence at this time could delay review of your appeal. If you’ve moved recently, please make sure that VA has your up-to-date mailing address Now, about 90 days more or 240 days since the first judge there have been no updates.  I would think it would be one of the simpler appeals - one issue, all the medical documentation is either from a military facility or i provided copies.  

I know there are no real standards, just curious whats the longest time anyone's appeal was stuck at the veterans law judge point in the chain. 

thanks

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Grilla79Like @Dustoff 11said, most of us find it takes years just to get the hearing, but it sounds like you are already past that part. My BVA visits were in 1997 and 1999 and 90 days sounds about right to get their response. Definitely would worth inquiring about the status of it.