Move To Repeal

Rate this question

Berta

Question

You are all mere clicks away from your Senators and Congressmen/women-

http://vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfMAR07/nf030807-8.htm

I will follow through on contacting my representatives today-

This is a time for all veterans to take ACTION-

Please share at hadit whether you intend to have input into this lastest travesty or not-

via your representatives in Congress-

This is a Bill Of CHOICE!!!!

This does NOT mean you have to hire a lawyer- this bill means that every widow and every veteran in the US of A will have the choice to hire a lawyer.

The VA web site itself can direct you as to contacting these representatives.

It would be unconscionable to me- after years and years of veteran's advocacy work,to see this law repealed and find that veterans did not take every opportunity they could -to speak out against this Repeal attempt.

No wonder the Fed Register has not allowed for Public comment- I have been checking there-

the DAV is acting as if they are speaking for each and everyone of you vets and widows-

They aint speaking for me!

They are afraid they will lose claimants-on their POA-

claimants who justify their salaries as NSOs.

If they had done consistently better claims work over the last few decades -we wouldnt need this law.

I again state that the DAV is a Wonderful veterans organization and yet that their NSO division is their biggest problem.

They have failed to correct that problem and now dont want lawyers to find out how lousy some of there work as POA has been.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta:

Thanks that was an excellent post. Anyone who is invested in their VA Benefits should notify their representatives no matter what your opinion is. Trust me they pay attention when they are being looked at.

I recommend that you keep your message short and on point.

Shake the bastards up.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Please share at hadit whether you intend to have input into this lastest travesty or not-

This does NOT mean you have to hire a lawyer- this bill means that every widow and every veteran in the US of A will have the choice to hire a lawyer.

It would be unconscionable to me- after years and years of veteran's advocacy work,to see this law repealed and find that veterans did not take every opportunity they could -to speak out against this Repeal attempt.

No wonder the Fed Register has not allowed for Public comment- I have been checking there-

the DAV is acting as if they are speaking for each and everyone of you vets and widows-

If they had done consistently better claims work over the last few decades -we wouldnt need this law.

I again state that the DAV is a Wonderful veterans organization and yet that their NSO division is their biggest problem.

They have failed to correct that problem and now dont want lawyers to find out how lousy some of there work as POA has been.

Berta...Just ole Gary again. I'm going to E mail my Senator & Rep but where do I find them on the Net? Used to use Mr.Smith E Mails Waashington but it doesn't seem to work. let me knoe how to find them ASAP. Thank U...Gary

gdsnide

We also need to be aware that this bill may be just a probing action and the "real" reversal is scheduled to be marked into another bill we don't yet know about. These are dirty bastards who play hardball all the time and we need to stay alert and on guard. When we contact them, we might remind them that we'll be even more pi--ed if this shows up elsewhere.

"It ain't paranoia if they're really after you!"

Ralph

Gary-the VA web site can help under their Congressional Affairs topic or just Google your state like this--

Like if I Google New York Senators,Senator Hillary Clinton and Senator Chuck Schumer pop up-

Your District rep is the man or woman who surely sends you lots of mail- round election time-just Google your state and district number and your district representative's name will pop up.

We pay these men and women-you all paid by taxes and service for their help when you need it.

They need to know how we all feel about this important legislation.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Guest jangrin

We have decided that we will contact our representatives and let them know they better vote Down this legislation.

Does any one know when it is suppose to go for VOTE by congress?

Also, is there anyone here on Hadit, that has a background in marketing or advertizing? I would like help from someone who is able to put this inofrmation into a "FLYER/ Handout-

I plan on using a couple days a week to start giving out the information to the general public we need to gather as much support and publicity as possible.

If the handouts said something like ; Congress trying to block Injured Veterans from compensation benefits

and then a short paragraph about what is happening and then adresses and phone number or links for email to congressional members.

Maybe it will help.

Also the same thing could be linked to email and if everyone sent the email to everyone on their list that would start getting the process around. I truly believe we need to organize and become VISABLE. A picture is worth a thousand words. We need to organize a country wide demonstration.

Also with all the attention and uproar about Wqalter Reed , the timeing might be just right.

JMO

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

Gary-the VA web site can help under their Congressional Affairs topic or just Google your state like this--

Like if I Google New York Senators,Senator Hillary Clinton and Senator Chuck Schumer pop up-

Your District rep is the man or woman who surely sends you lots of mail- round election time-just Google your state and district number and your district representative's name will pop up.

We pay these men and women-you all paid by taxes and service for their help when you need it.

They need to know how we all feel about this important legislation.

Berta,

I managed to find them all & E Mailed them.Used part of what U said & improvisied & sent your letter to 3 other Vets I know & I'll see if they get back in touch. Wonderful idea posting that.

Guy who introduced that bill when he dies will go to the bad place or maybe where's there a bunch of Vets. lol I now have how to contact these fine people if anyomne needs E Mails. E mail me at gdsnide@hotmail.com & I'll send them to U. Also, in subject line put HADIT as I don't open E Mails from people I don't know..............GARY

GARY

gdsnide