Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Here we go again....more money...no info

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Got a new deposit of $3900.00 in my bank account yesterday from VA Comp and Pen.

VA.gov doesn't show any changes or a new decision (as usual).

VA.gov is about as useful for information as teats are on a boar hog.

I owe the VA $7100.00 from a SNAFU because they erroneously deposited EAJA fees into my bank account which were due my attorney for representing me at the CAVC.

If this money is legit, maybe I can use the $3900.00 to help pay back some of the money due them from the SNAFU ?

(BTW...I still don't have a letter from the VA regarding the $7100.00 error)

A VA employee at the regional office called the other day and advised that I would receive a letter in September regarding the error.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Have you applied for an increase?  Or have you appealed an effective date or denial?  That may be the source.  

OR, did the VA deduct money from a recent award?  If the attorney sought EAJA fees, this could be the reason.  You see, the attorney can NOT collect BOTH from the VET and also from EAJA for the same work.  My attorney sent me a check because of this..she got paid for both eaja and from VA.  (Which was deducted from my retro)

Or, if you prefer, send the money to me, and I will read you any information you desire.

Seriously, tho, you will need to either "wait for the envelope", check the letters section on ebenefits/va.gov, or ask a VSO/attorney with VBMS access.  Those are your 3 choices, in my view.  "Ask Peggy", and send an IRIS email are alternatives, but I have not had great luck with those last 2.  

Other than that, flip a coin.  

Edited by broncovet

20 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Or, if you prefer, send the money to me, and I will read you any information you desire.

Laughter is the best medicine.

Called the 800 # spoke to a VA rep and requested a copy of my most recent decision.

Received a copy via email of an April 11, 2022 BVA decision.

Th decision letter explained why I received yesterday's $3900 deposit

I had appealed a November 30. 2021 BVA decision for an earlier effective date for two disabilities, and the grant of the EED gave me an earlier effective date for SMC-S.

I won and got paid.

I have multiple issues awaiting a BVA decision, some of which were remanded by the CAVC

It is difficult to know what is what as I have multiple appeals that are up in the air awaiting decisions

Veteran,

We have made a decision in regards to your claim.  You will recieve a letter in September after it sits on one of our desks for the next 5 months.  We have recently reduced the time a letter sits on our desks from 7 to 5 months.  We are dedicated to helping disabled Veterans like yourself.  Please call Peggy with any questions regarding our timely responses to your concerns.  -VA.

Wow,

Carl

It's a win, and that is all that counts at this point.

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Congratulations on your win!  Now that you dont have to worry about whether or not you have to pay VA back that money, dont send any of it to me.  I would probably spend it wrong anyway..on stupid stuff.  Instead, spend most of it on your ideas, but then:  

send some to Tbird as a thank you for the help you got.