VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C and p exam

Rate this question

Julio Melendez

Question

Family please help. Don't need likes, or comment that will not help. Need someone who has suffered an amputation of a foot and has done a C&P for a SMC-L or M, ( special monthly compensation or lost of foot with the lost of use of an other extremity. Meaning hand or hands. Going in 01 May 2022. Eather code would be a life changer as i went through this Nov and have not been able to work.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

A side bar consideration: (to be had- not a popular thing you want to hear but hear it from a point of compassion before the second cuss word comes at me.

A consideration for planning for C & P, In case of a denial.

I understand that a monetary win of SMCs at this time would be ideal. 

I have 21 yrs. of rehab experience,

C & P Examiner Perspective- Lost of use of one hand and one foot, is still "Rehab - able".

with OT / PT training, to teach self-care and ADL activities for increased independence, or modification (one handed techniques) with adaptive equipment walker with a platform- for loss of hand use, wheelchair - electric or manual with transfer board & home safety with this disability.

ADL: Dressing Grooming Bathing Toileting Cooking et al. 

My husband had a Massive Stroke age 41, E8 Navy, 23 yrs. service.

He lost speech, reading, writing, use of Right Arm, Right Leg and we were able to adapt his vehicle to drive, he did all ADL's, He drove a truck with an RV & cooked, riding lawn mower- He "scared me" and amazed me every day in his abilities in spite of his disabilities, until he died. 

My long perspective speech is to consider keeping independence as much as possible to increase the joy in life after this catastrophic trauma, even with an approval for SMC.

Anger and denial are hard conversations, and I "Cannot" imagine how you feel. 

Edited by WmVeteran75-97

• Community Owner

My opinion is this Vet desires his composition regardless of what rehab he can do. Mite be able to do with a lot of rehab. Should he challan hi self every day yup. If he lost a limb the rating table says he should get it.