VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for Scar

Rate this question

x020574

Question

I am currently 100% via TDIU and I think.... 94% scheduler (if my VA math is correct?). I ask my VSO to submit a claim for painful scar from a IHD CABG at San Francisco VAMC, for which I was unaware of until a few years ago. My most recent C&P was an increase for hearing from 0% to 10%.... That brought me to 94%, dame, to bad it didn't hit 95% @$#%

Current Service connected: 70% MDD, 60% IHD, 30% Hearing Loss, 10% Tinnitus, 10% DMII  Awarded TDIU 100% Permanent

This morning I had the C&P for Scar and he wrote it up as 'painful'. He also said my last C&P was in 2013 and they should have listed this back then. Although this is the only claim for 'painful scar' I have submitted, if he is correct, does this amount to a mistake or cue? I don't think they are going to backdate the effective date... and if they did, I believe the TDIU was from 2013.

Last question: is my VA math correct and the 10% award for painful scar push me to at least 95%, thereby rounding up to 100%? That's what I'm hoping for.

Finally!!! I see that my disability status changed from TDIU to 100% scheduler on eBenefits. Brown envelope sent but haven't received it yet. I was 94% scheduler (100% TDIU) but I submitted a claim for 'scar' secondary to a Bypass Operation I had back in 2010. I feel more comfort knowing that the politicians thought about cutting some benefits for those collecting TDIU & SSA retirement at one point. I'm glad that never came to fruitarian... but that doesn't mean they won't try again.

Now that the PACT Act honors hypertension presumptive for AO I was considering filing for it, but here is the thing. I've been taking 5 different meds to control my BP and been doing so for a couple of years... they do a good job keeping them in check. How would they evaluate my benefit level if my BP is within normal limits while on medication? Really don't want to stop meds just to prove a point,,, especially since it probably would not amount to anything monetarily. 

Congratulations..I guess you checked the letters section, as ebenefits is not that reliable.  

Dont make the mistake of just "looking for something else" to worry about, but, rather, take the time and enjoy life.  

I have met people who spend their lives "worrying".  Worrying is like paying a bill that may never come due.