Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

George v. McDonough (06/15/2022) Veterans lose

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I decied to start a thread so this would not be missed.....

It looks like the court decided against the veteran,    5-3

The invalidation of a VA regulation after a veteran’s benefits decision becomes final cannot support a claim for collateral relief based on clear and unmistakable error. We affirm the judgment of the Court of Appeals. It is so ordered

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21-234_2b8e.pdf

Hate to say it but I was right, this was really denied becaue the  majority did not want to open the VA up to thousands of CUE claims, read the decenting oipinion.

I am not a lawyer so take my opinions with a grain of salt...

If I had listened to the nay sayers, I would never have acheived any ratings after I was awarded TDIU in 1999. Now I have not one but two 100% ratings, a TDIU  and 4 SMC awards !  I say JUST GO For It

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Albert Einstein.

1 minute ago, Vync said:

But it should, in my opinion...

Yes in my opinion too,  I was also victim of the VA playing this one sided game, technically it isn't right, and  when the  SCOTUS speaks you don't have to like,( they make mistakes too), but you do have to move on.

I am not a lawyer so take my opinions with a grain of salt...

If I had listened to the nay sayers, I would never have acheived any ratings after I was awarded TDIU in 1999. Now I have not one but two 100% ratings, a TDIU  and 4 SMC awards !  I say JUST GO For It

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Albert Einstein.