Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disgusted At My Rep

Rate this question

kkp

Question

As some of you may remember I filed a claim for iu around October of 2006. ( I don't feel like looking up exact dates) We had a temporary rep for one month and it was while he was here that I filed it. The secretary that has been there since the beginning of time tried to talk him out of filing it since I was only 50%, But I convinced him to file it anyhow. He relocated a couple of weeks later. Since we had no rep I called one who works at the ro and he has been helping me since. He also didn't think it would be reviewed either but when he checked the computer, he found it had left one rater and gone to another. It was then I told him I had a claim for bilateral hearing loss, tinnitus in the left ear, and meniere's disease. I had been sitting on it in fear of holding up the iu claim. He suggested I go ahead and file it. I did on the 27th of January of 2007.

Today I got a letter from the ro ( what do we still need ). I called my rep at the ro and he advised me to check the box, that I had nothing else to add and fill in the questionnaire or the iu and return them. He also said we now have a rep working locally again and I could have them help fill them out.

I went to their office and the new Guy was glad to help. He then showed the secretary what I had and she looked through it. She told him to check the box for no more evidence, but for them to get the latest records from the va. I showed he in the letter where they had just got the local va records, but she ignored me. Then she said this is no good and through it in the trash, and this is no good and through it in the trash. I didn't realize until I got home she had through my iu claim and the instruction on how to fill it out in the trash.

What should I do. I know the rules for iu and the percentages I have to meet, but this claim was working. I also know that a rater can make an exception to the secular rule, and I think mine stood a chance.

Should I call the rep who works at the ro and see if he can do something or just let it drop. I am so pee-ed off right now I can't think straight.

I really don't think it was her place to deny my iu claim. I could live the ro ruling against me. It's their job. She was just being a bit---- because I went over her head to start with.

Could sure use some advice. I either have to sh-- or get off the pot by tomorrow thanks kkp

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

KKP,

Since you have all your current claims before the RO, re-file your $%^&*&(&^% IU claim NOW.

I'd (if possible) take it to the RO, get it date stamped and then give a copy to my POA. USe whatever

half-vast explanation you want. but get it done!

JMHO,

Ralph

As some of you may remember I filed a claim for iu around October of 2006. ( I don't feel like looking up exact dates) We had a temporary rep for one month and it was while he was here that I filed it. The secretary that has been there since the beginning of time tried to talk him out of filing it since I was only 50%, But I convinced him to file it anyhow. He relocated a couple of weeks later. Since we had no rep I called one who works at the ro and he has been helping me since. He also didn't think it would be reviewed either but when he checked the computer, he found it had left one rater and gone to another. It was then I told him I had a claim for bilateral hearing loss, tinnitus in the left ear, and meniere's disease. I had been sitting on it in fear of holding up the iu claim. He suggested I go ahead and file it. I did on the 27th of January of 2007.

Today I got a letter from the ro ( what do we still need ). I called my rep at the ro and he advised me to check the box, that I had nothing else to add and fill in the questionnaire or the iu and return them. He also said we now have a rep working locally again and I could have them help fill them out.

I went to their office and the new Guy was glad to help. He then showed the secretary what I had and she looked through it. She told him to check the box for no more evidence, but for them to get the latest records from the va. I showed he in the letter where they had just got the local va records, but she ignored me. Then she said this is no good and through it in the trash, and this is no good and through it in the trash. I didn't realize until I got home she had through my iu claim and the instruction on how to fill it out in the trash.

What should I do. I know the rules for iu and the percentages I have to meet, but this claim was working. I also know that a rater can make an exception to the secular rule, and I think mine stood a chance.

Should I call the rep who works at the ro and see if he can do something or just let it drop. I am so pee-ed off right now I can't think straight.

I really don't think it was her place to deny my iu claim. I could live the ro ruling against me. It's their job. She was just being a bit---- because I went over her head to start with.

Could sure use some advice. I either have to sh-- or get off the pot by tomorrow thanks kkp

I cant read your whole post-the new layout is too difficult for me to deal with--

However- if your vet rep or his secretary threw out something impotant to your claim- RAISE HELL WITH THEM-

I complained recently- after years of screw ups about my POAs to their boss-the Governer- I didnt even come close to telling the whole story-

it appears my evidence was removed from my C file at some point- the VA never addressed it and it cost me $4000 bucks-

The VA says they never even got it from me, from the BVA, or from my vet reps-

I dont know who your POA is but in some way you paid them by your service and/or your taxes-

I cannot imagine how they could throw important stuff away but I am victim too of that--

more importantly - what does the VA have?- you can send the VA an Inquery via the VA web site and ask them if they can verify what you feel they should have there already.

You will get hard copy (I strongly recommend not asking for a phone call response ) email or snail mail and you will know what VA has and what they didnt get yet.

These vet reps should be fully responsible for their errors -they all have bosses-

but it is the VA that matters-not them-make sure VA has all they should have and then deal with the reps separately-

I have emails and phones documented that are from 3 vet reps jerking me around-

what many of these statements are- is basically a pack of lies-

I am dealing with that- but more importantly I am using this POA evidence to make sure that my claim is ultimately resolved-if your POA screwed up-they OWE you to unscrew it and to give you better representation-

the faster the POA can get your claim resolved- if you call them on their errors, they get rid of the claim-

by seeing it through to proper resolve- and you can then get rid of them.

The squeaky wheel gets the worm to turn-

or whatever-

Berta its reading your post for the last year that got me fired up. I realized when I got home that it was my iu form she had directed the boot rep to trash.

I know the rules for iu and I know its a rare occasion when iu is granted at 50%. That said, I filed the iu claim 6 or 8 mo. ago. It had worked its way through claims review to a senior rater at the Huntington roto a second rater when I filed my other claim for meniere's. Of coarse it went back down to review to be worked, But now ready for rating. My poa is the American legion.

I called the rep in the Huntington ro this morning and He was really po-ed. He faxed me another copy with instructions to get it back as soon as possible.

He doesnt know either why it was being rated but was anxious to find out. I think I know why but can't discuss it due to certain mission.

I could be wrong on that but strange things have been happening to my claim from the start. At any rate I am in the process of filling

the iu claims out and fax them back to him. He assured me they would be hand delivered to my c-file. Mean while I've been trying to call my

rep. He may be new but its his job to work my file, and not have his secretary dictate to him how to do it. Remember it was her that tried

to get the other temporary rep not to file it to start with., and now it was her chance to show me. I will keep calling until I get a hold of the

young rep ( not the secretary ) and I'm quite sure he will understand she works for him, not the other way around when our conversation is over.

I have a Governor also, and I guaranteed he will know it too when I'm through. thanks for letting me vent

kkp

KKp their boss is Paul A. Morin at:

http://www.legion.org/?content=help_contact

(National Commander's office of the AL) you can email or write him a letter- I posted full address and phone here before somewhere.

My rep's boss is the Governor because they are state vet reps- just needed to clarify that-

Our Governor has no jurisdiction over any other vet org or even the VARO.

• HadIt.com Elder

kkp,

The best that I can remember, you are at the Huntington R. O. Mike Lyons is my service rep. but I do all the work myself. I needed a name. I send him a copy of everything that I sent to the Appeal Management Center, but I do all the leg and research work.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Josephine

You are right I do work through the Huntington ro I work with Mike Lions also. Hes a nice helpful fellow. As a matter of fact he sent me all the forms that the ding-bat in ------ destroyed. I filled them all out and faxed them back n h promie they would find my c-file today.

I also called th--- office and talked to the new rep. I told him what he had done.( throwing my 21-4192 form in the trash. He said he was new and she had been there thirty years and knew much more than he did. Then she got on the phone as nice as could be and told me she had sent in everything that needed to be sent in. I politely told her she didn't and asked if she would get off the phone. The new rep looked in my file and discovered I was right. Then she denied it being sent with my letter so I read the portion of the letter that told what forms had been sent, of course the 21-4192 being one of the three. She was talking in the back ground saying they had that form there and could send me one.

At that point I told him I had Paul A Morin's e-mail address but was going to try to work it out with them first. He said what can we do. I said send her to another room so we could talk. It happened quickly as I heard the door close. I told him what she had done was out of pure spite because she didn't want me to file in the first place. I wont bore you with the rest, only to say if I ever have any more dealings with the office, he said It would be behind closed doors whit only the two of us. And I reminded him who was the rep and who was the secretary. I am a quite spoken man ,but have been told I can be very persuasive when need be.

thanks again for letting me vent kkp